Changed from 2TB internal to WD 4TB Blue Internal

Ok, makes sense. So how do I correct it? I have tried gparted several times and it still will not correct.

It looks like you tried to use DOS. Is your hardware UEFI Bios?

Thank you

Legacy and UEFI are options

Iā€™m not done so donā€™t start anything. Thatā€™s not the answer. Tell me the answer to the questions. So i can help.

Yes it is UEFI Bios

It should be set to UEFI and secure boot should be turned off or disabled first of allā€¦

Go on.

This is what you need to do.
Go into firmware setting and disable Legacy and secure boot.
Boot up your live usb.
Launch Gparted from application menu.
In the menu bar go to ā€œDevicesā€ and create a new partition table: GPT
Launch the installer and proceed with the installation.

Thank you for your help.

You are going to need to use gparted and delete all the partitions on it and then create a new gpt partition. Then you can close gparted and a start the installer. Are you going to use erase disk and swap file or manual partitioning or what?

Edit: Most times you can just create a new gpt and it will get rid of all the partitions currently on the disk. If not delete each one at time and then create it.

Swap file with no hibernation.

When you go to start the installer you might want to update the mirrors first. Then start the installer.

I will do that, thanks again.

Let us know if you have a problem.

1 Like

I will.

Good luck!

Itā€™s a large drive. The partition table is corrupted. Not sure but it looks Windows remnant stuff on there.

Yes, A bit messy disk condition. Hopefully a new partition table can fix it.

I did what you said and still wonā€™t. Brand new drive i bought today. I know that doesnā€™t matter I was just letting you know its not a drive I had or got from somebody.