[CHALLENGE] Show us your transparent lap top or LCD screen

In another topic, I showed an old image of a transparent lap top.

So get out your camera or smart phone, a tripod, fire up your favorite imaging app, throw in some imagination plus imagery foo and show us your transparent lap top or LCD screen.

Pudge

5 Likes

I knew this come :rofl: it actually very clever photo :heart:

3 Likes

There are people who physically dismantle LCD monitors to remove the backlight and rear cover so it operates on natural light.

Those things look awesome - I’ve been meaning to try that for a while but I kind of like having a working screen… :joy:

3 Likes

We have one of those things at work…

It’s mounted in a big white metal casing, with a hatch on the back, so we can display products inside it.

That way we can present a product, whilst projecting info about it on the transparent screen.

(Or I also like to play a movie of goldfish (filmed against a white background for perfect transparancy)
When you put stuff inside the case, it’s like the fish are swimming around it :smile: )

3 Likes

Actually ever since I’ve seen that original post I thought to myself I’ve gotta try this sometime, just to get a feeling of more space (my monitors block some of the outside view because I have my desk against a window).

3 Likes

In future, transparent touch screens will be all the rage… so the shows tell us…

3 Likes

I guess you’re right, as there are several TV’s around the corner with transparent panels. They’re probably meant for advertisements, but…

4 Likes