Can't remove gnome

I installed gnome and gnome extras and it doesn’t run as well as xfce.
I tried # pacman -R gnome gnome-extras but it get this…

[davek@optiplex ~]$ su
Password: 
root@optiplex /home/davek # pacman -R gnome gnome-extra
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gnome-online-miners: removing tracker breaks dependency 'tracker'
:: network-manager-applet: removing networkmanager breaks dependency 'networkmanager'
:: xfce4-settings: removing gnome-themes-extra breaks dependency 'gnome-themes-standard'
1 root@optiplex /home/davek # pacman -R gnome                                               :(
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gnome-devel-docs: removing yelp breaks dependency 'yelp'
:: gnome-online-miners: removing tracker breaks dependency 'tracker'
:: gnome-tweaks: removing gnome-settings-daemon breaks dependency 'gnome-settings-daemon'
:: network-manager-applet: removing networkmanager breaks dependency 'networkmanager'
:: xfce4-settings: removing gnome-themes-extra breaks dependency 'gnome-themes-standard'
1 root@optiplex /home/davek #       

Looks like I should just leave it alone and just don’t log into gnome?

Try remove a packages and its dependencies which are not required by other installed package…

@kawika
According to what your terminal indicates, I would eliminate what pacman says and reinstall the packages that are from xfce4 and others from gnome that are important, to my humble understanding, they are:

networkmanager
xfce4-settings

Of course, say: all at your own risk!

Tracker is also in the Xfce install so if gnome-online-miners breaks it then maybe it also needs to be reinstalled. But i think you are right on the others. I checked the packages on a new install.

Thanks for the advice, but I’ll leave it alone.

Precisely, at dawn I uninstalled Plasma and I had no problem, so I left xfce4 and lxde without problems.

@judd I have done the same and i don’t see any reason why if necessary you couldn’t go into tty and use pacman to install these first before logging into the desktop.