Can't mount rclone when file's icon is changed

It may be silly to ask this here, but does anyone have a fix for this issue? I’ve noticed when I run rclone mount --daemon gdrive: /home/user/gdrive on a file that I’ve changed the icon to, it will take a minute, then say: 2022/05/03 20:48:16 Fatal error: mount not ready I’d like to give my files a google drive icon if I can, anyone possibly know why this is an issue?
Kernel: 5.17.5-arch1-1
DE: Plasma 5.24.5
CPU: Intel i7-4790K (8) @ 4.400GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
GPU: Intel HD Graphics

Are you talking about icons added in the file manager? I seriously doubt that a command-line program like rclone would care about those icons.

Can you give a better example of what you mean by “a file that I’ve changed the icon to”?

1 Like

Nah, it really is that. I had two files, test and test2. When I left test alone, it can be mounted. When test2 has the property of it’s icon changed in Dolphin, it does not work. I don’t believe changing the icon of gdrive back to normal fixed it either, maybe the file needs to be unmodified, property-wise at least

You should post this on the rclone site: https://github.com/rclone/rclone. I use it all the time, but with Mega - no mounting, just a simple one-way sync - so I can’t replicate your setup.

Your problem isn’t exactly clear to me. Dolphin stores metadata for changed files/folders as a hidden file. That might be causing the issue. I use rclone from command-line to mount mega and gdrive all the time. Never changed file or folder icon though.

I downloaded rclone from command-line as well, yay -S rclone, likely downloaded the the default. Test it out when you can, make a new file, change the icon, then run your command to that folder. I’m very curious to see if it’s an issue for me or for others as well. It’s also possible the command I use is the issue somehow, but I can assert that two new folders, one untouched, the other with a simple icon change, makes it not work for me. I’ll have to test installing the git version, and then asking them.