Can't enter system after updates

Well according to that reddit post the nvidia495 driver does not support your nvidia card and you should install 470 which is now legacy and can be found on the AUR.

• First go an check on nvidia webpage which driver is supported for your card on linux (I don’t know your specific card, NVIDIA TU117M). If it is only the 470, there was a recent update on the arch repo to 495 which you seem to have upgraded to.

• Secondly, I would chroot into live iso and backup your data if there is anything important before proceeding…

• On top of our EOS forum page you can find the pinned post and instructions of what to do:

If you need to run 470xx, then you need to remove first nvidia495, you can do so via tty, then install nvidia470xx, then reboot.

To change to 470xx from AUR on new legacy cards you will need to uninstall the main ones and build/install the 470xx versions from AUR:

sudo pacman -R nvidia-dkms nvidia-utils nvidia-settings
yay -S nvidia-470xx-dkms nvidia-470xx-utils nvidia-470xx-settings

Edit: if you run optimus-manager since you have a hybrid card, you may want to remove it before playing with nvidia drivers, and install again, or skip altogether. I do not use optimus, the nvidia card switches on when I connect external screen, which is satisfying for my use…