Can't connect to jellyfin server on other devices

Currently I am on endeavour os and trying to setup jellyfin 10.7 on it 192.168.XX.XX:8196(changed the port) when tried to access in phone but unsuccessful(I wanted to access jellyfin in my local network)

settings in jellyfin:

1.allow the remote access(done)

2.bind to local ip address to 0.0.0.0(done) but unsuccessful

3.tried port forwarding(but my mind said this is not needed if i am going to use in my local network)

setting that I did in endeavours os(linux):

1.allowed in/out bound(using gufw) in firewall to port 8196

Need a help??

maybe also try opening these ports in your firewall that the documentation mentions.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/networking/index.html

tried didn’t worked

I don’t have a solution for you, but if no one here can help I’d recommend posting to their subreddit.

1 Like

Found this topic while I was trying to solve a similar issue, and while it looks like you’ve already tried my solution, I’ll reply anyways just in case anyone else is searching for a solution.

I had to configure the firewall to open port 8096.

I didn’t realize, but it seems that by default EndeavourOS blocks port 8096 via the firewall. In the KDE Plasma desktop I was able to open the Firewall Settings GUI and add an allowed port for the zone I had assigned to this network.

This fixed it for me!

2 Likes

AFAIK that’s the firewalld default, because I’ve used firewalld on different distributions and with all of them ssh was the only open default port in the the public zone.

1 Like

Makes sense. According to this list,

port 8096 is designated for

8096 	Unofficial 				Emby and Jellyfin HTTP port[301]

A handy list by the way.

Pudge

EDIT:
another way to approach this is. Go to the web page.
then click on “Edit” on the menu bar.
click on “Find in page… Ctrl + F” as it appears in Firefox
type in “jellyfin”
and it will take you to the appropriate port.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.