Can I input an app list to install during an eos install?

What I mean is installing apps I have in my current version during a new eos install.

Yes. https://discovery.endeavouros.com/installation/customizing-the-endeavouros-install-process/

1 Like

To get list of packages installed, you can use pacman.

• List all explicitly installed native packages (i.e. present in the sync database) that are not direct or optional dependencies: pacman -Qent

(lifted from Arch Wiki)

You can pipe the output to cut -f 1 -d " " for removing version suffix and listing only package names.

Installing on new system is done as manuel linked above.

1 Like

I do not find user_pkglist.txt anywhere. Could this be another non newbie friendly tutorial? Am I supposed to boot up the iso, and look for the file then?

This is how I understand the tutorial from looking at the images

This is from the beginning of the linked article:

EndeavourOS provides users a couple of ways to customize what to install.

User Packagelist

File /home/liveuser/user_pkglist.txt

This is the easy way to add your favorite package names to be installed. Simply open the file with the texteditor and add packages to the file, before starting the installer!

So you boot up the installer, there you can see the file already. It has some comments in it. You just add your package names into that file, one per line.

Note that you should restart the installer window:

• close the existing installer window (Welcome)
  • restart Welcome, for example with command: eos-welcome
1 Like

Another way to do this is to just add a “q” on there.

pacman -Qentq

That’s right, this file is in the live environment.

An easy way to add your packages to this file is to use an online pastebin. For example, on your old installation you can grab the package list and pipe it to eos-sendlog.

pacman -Qentq | eos-sendlog

The command will output a URL. Be sure to write it down, or take a picture or something if you need to.

From the live environment (on the new system, before you run the installer), you can open up a terminal and curl down the list you made and attach it to user_pkglist.txt.

curl https://[whatever the URL is] >> ~/user_pkglist.txt

Then, run the installer like normal and enjoy having all your normal packages when it is finished.

1 Like