Calamares fails - maybe pacman issue?

The URL calamares was pointing to is a wrong place, but I think it wasn’t the reason for the install failure. Here I get the same URL problem, but the install was OK.

For these new issues we need the logs. Could you run eos-log-tool and show the results (preferably in another thread)?

Do you need the logs of the live system when the installation is finished or the logs of the newly installed system where no kde is available? I have seen when I tried a pacman -Qs kde at the newly installed system I gt an empty response. And of course I will start a new thread.

What does for example pacman -Qi plasma-desktop say?

Too late - I am installing system new and provide logs in new taks. Additionally I will leave installation live system active tp provide any further logs which are not stored on hdd.

Alright, good luck!
:rainbow:

also if the path is wrong… calamares will fallback to the file on the ISO if it can not fetch the file from URL.
And we will go to remove the URL all together and only use the local netinstall.yaml to avoid issues with it.

but indeed the URL is wrong in the configs:

https://gitlab.com/endeavouros-filemirror/EndeavourOS-calamares/-/raw/main/calamares/files/netinstall.yaml

Must be a change at GitLab… it was working before.
I will add the files to fit the “wrong” URL so it will work again in a minute.

fixed it :wink:

2 Likes

New installation is working flawlessly - but I have had corrected the url in /etc/calamares/modules/netinstall.conf. If I do not correct installation failed. Of course fix in Gitlab fixes this, too.

The only thing I made different was that I have fired a pacman -Syy before I started calamars. Strange…

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.