Btrfs Assistant 2.0 available

I just pushed the update to Btrfs Assistant 2.0. The primary change in the latest version is that it was ported to Qt6.

There are also three additional changes:

• Added percentage value display for filesystem utilization(Contributed by Nikolas Koesling)
  • CLI snapshots are now restored via an index to make the process more user friendly
  • Changed timestamp on subvol backups to UTC and ISO format

If you have existing build files on your system you might need to cleanbuild the package due to the switch to Qt6.

Please report any problems or issues.

14 Likes

Just updated from Aur.

Everything perfect thanks!!

1 Like

Got it too.

1 Like

Flatpak version updated already?

I don’t think there is a flatpak version…

Are you sure? Is it in Fedora then? I thought it was a flatpak?

Nevermind then.

Yes, there is a Fedora package. That probably hasn’t updated yet.

Got it. I assumed it was flatpak then.

1 Like

Just updated it, everything seems fine on my end

1 Like

Very nice, thank you!

1 Like

TYVM for this wonderful tool!

1 Like

thank you dalto, nice software :wink:

1 Like

I was just reading about progress with corectrl and how it avoids running without root - would someting similar be available with Btrfs Assistant?
Link to corectrl wiki about it:

Just asking, I know nearly not enough about it to mark this even as idea, so just a stupid question…

I am interesting in making it work like this but it is major development that would involve refactoring most of the application. We would need to get some developers who have the knowledge and desire to contribute to make it happen.

Thank you! I’ll be sure to install it once I have my new system setup.

Just installed it on arch.

qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: From 6.5.0, xcb-cursor0 or libxcb-cursor0 is needed to load the Qt xcb platform plugin.
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, xcb.
btrfs-assistant: line 46: 8969 Aborted (core dumped) btrfs-assistant-bin ${params}

Qt6 is installed

extra/qt6-base 6.6.2-4 (qt6) [installed]
    A cross-platform application and UI framework

Could you please use code tags around the output that you post to make it easier to read?

What DE/WM are you using?

I guess you are asking what window manager or desktop i use … no desktop at all just plain arch in virtualbox

It is GUI application.

From the CLI it can only do restores.

1 Like