Bluetooth not starting

I don’t have this file in /etc/modprobe.d/ directory. It is emtpy.

I did a fresh Arch install and the Bluetooth issue is still there. I installed KDE so haven’t ruled out DE being an issue, or maybe just a borked package update.

Same :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

There was a bug report opened for the bluez package today, this might be relevant:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/74157

Maybe try downgrading bluez.

That worked. :sweat_smile:

Just do sudo downgrade bluez bluez-utils and install the 25th package. It worked for me. I will update bluez the next time it gets an update.

1 Like

I have an HP and a Lenovo laptop and they both work fine with no issues with updates. :man_shrugging:

But i did a fresh install today :stuck_out_tongue: . Maybe that was the problem.

Well one is manjaro so it doesn’t have the latest bluez. But the other one is Arch so it should be the current version but I’m going to check later now that as I’m not positive now that it does have the latest bluez. :thinking: I was sure but now I’m second guessing.

Edit: Arch has the latest version and no issues.

I was using arch this afternoon and no issues too. But i had a thing saying for me to install EndeavourOS XD

@lighttigerXIV , THIS is why I love Linux! Thank you for providing the code snippet! This solution works!

1 Like

Downgrading to bluez-5.63-2 and bluez-utils-5.63-2 made it work for me. Maybe some issue with the latest update then.

Edit: I downgraded the packages, reboot, updated the packages again and now everything works still. Don’t really know what the problem was at this point.

I just upgraded bluez package and it seems to work just fine.
Thanks for your great community. I am not even considering leaving from Linux anytime soon:).

Tried with KDE Plasma Blueman and Bluedevil.

1 Like

Upgrading to bluez 5.64-2 fixed the issue

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.