Bluetooth iMac not working

If I install a Debian based distribution bluetooth working out of the box, but in Arch based there is no bluetooth, it says ”No bluetooth adapter found” but the bluetooth is in the computer, very frustrated because I whant a Arch based distribution on it. I have tried Arch Arco and EndeavourOS, no one are working, but mx Linux Ubuntu mint Debian and Deepin are working out of the box.

Is it installed? If you run Xfce you can install it from the greeter app.

Capture du 2020-01-30 17-21-19

1 Like

in addition, we wanted to keep a reasonable iso size

Everything that have with bluetooth is installed.

https://endeavouros.com/docs/hardware-and-network/bluetooth/

1 Like

and what is the Imac model ? year etc… ?

Mid 2007

if the wiki link above dont work , what is the hardware specs …

lspci as example.

If this is mid 2007 is probably bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1 maybe? I could be wrong too! But what hardware?

if BT is working on other Linux it should do so on arch too, but as @JR29 mention in the link… we do not have it enabled per default.
you need to enable it and install needed software:

sudo systemctl start bluetooth

sudo systemctl enable bluetooth
1 Like

I have done all that, but the only answer I get is “No Adapter found”

this simple oneliner will give us all needed information you need only to copy paste the url it gives out here:

lspci > log.txt && lsusb >> log.txt && journalctl -b -0 >> log.txt && cat log.txt | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

I removed the crap and installed Debian instead, everything just work out of the box.

Thanks for your answers.

That’s a nice response after all the help you’ve received. I’m very sorry to hear that EndeavourOS doesn’t work/or suits your needs and/or hardware, but we certainly don’t deserve this kind of “title”.

5 Likes

as he did not put information on his bluetooth equipment, I considered it as a trool more

4 Likes

I find it very unlikely that Debian, who is notorious for not having drivers out of the box for almost any wifi or bluetooth-adapters would have drivers Arch does not.

2 Likes

sometimes anwers can be simple also more helpfull if you want to reach. its just about to endeavour the first steps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The package that is needed is bluez-hid2hci

Now is bluetooth working Perfect, thanks.

1 Like

Great, you’ve found the solution and shared it with us. :heart:

2 Likes