I had been using the OS for a while now with no issues, but just today I decided to enable bluetooth for my portable speakers as laptop speakers are crap. I installed bluez and bluez-utils enabled bluetooth in KDE bluedevil.
The adapter starts and I can discover devices but it constantly disconnects and reconnects every few seconds, its so bad that I cant even pair a device before it all resets. Sometimes it even causes the same connection issues with my wifi.
As per Linux I have a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 wifi and bluetooth dual adapter, I have had this issue on other distros and could not find anything online reguarding this issue. I am kinda noob so could not figure it out myself.
Something to note from: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/documentation/bluetooth-coexistence
An 802.11 device and Bluetooth can interfere with each other when the 802.11 device operates on the 2.4 GHz band.
You may have to mess around with your Wifi band and change it to 2.4GHz or 5GHz, whichever you currently have enabled is possibly causing interference, so switch it to the other band and see. You’ll have to log in to your routers settings to change that. Test that out and see how it goes, hopefully that’s the simplest fix for you.
This link may or may not help you as well: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=245036
My Wifi only supports 2.4g, its a potato. you are probably right about the interference though. I am just curious as to why it is an isssue, if the card handles both bluetooth and wifi it should be designed to work harmoniously rather than cause issue with itself.
I did turn off the Wifi altogether but the bluetooth discnnection was still happening.
If you’re using PulseAudio you might consider switching to Pipewire, which is supposed to have better Bluetooth support.
You were absolutely right, I had both Pipewire and Pulseaudio as I have KDE Plasma which needs Plasma-pa with pulseaudio as a dependency. I uninstalled Pulseaudio and the bluetooth stopped misbehaving but all the audio funtions in KDE disapeared as it took Plasma-pa with it.
To rectify this issue I installed pipewire-pulse that replaced Pulseaudio rendering my bluetooth completely operational with all the KDE audio functionalities intact.
Thanks for the help!
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.