Blinded by the White Terminal

You probably need to include the full path.

/usr/bin/gnome-terminal

That’s not possible. Do you have it installed?

sudo pacman -Qi gnome-terminal

Gnome terminal is not installed on Cassini. It’s using console.

1 Like

Yes it works thank you Anthony,
My daily driver terminal became Guake which you can see on the left side, after ddterm failed me today.
I am so grateful to be rid of that terrible xterm with the blinding white, and my eyes are returning to normal thank you @pebcak :dark_sunglasses: You cannot even customize Xterm so why its loaded by defaul is a myster, maybe that should be changed for Cassini.

Now I have gnome-terminal as the default for YAD, thanks to @pebcak for the conf file. I tried with and without the full pathname to the package and they both work. It was just missing gnome-terminal, since it is no longer installed as Gnome’s default is now Console, thank you @dalto and @ricklinux for the heads up on Cassini dropping gnome-terminal for Console.
Thanks for all your help. My eyes thank you :dark_sunglasses: :eyeglasses:

2 Likes

xterm is the fallback, not the default. The issue is that Gnome Console doesn’t support closing the terminal after a process runs like every other terminal so it can’t be used that way.

2 Likes

Exactly what dalto say… GNOME install ships with Console terminal what is not compatible for update in terminal usage so it uses the fallback.
Per default GNOME is set to day theming anyway :yum:
We could add another one but it is working with xterm basically… may we find a solution to use console in the future…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.