Black Screen when my games starts / will donate

I have newly done my installation, everything is really fine. but when I try to play a game my screen is gone when the game starts, already checked the froum but didnt find a similar post like this.

any help much apr… <3

I have decided to donate some crypto to the community or to the devs if some1 helps me to fix this. coz I’m a gamer.(just to improve people’s interaction between EOS users)

hello @Serif,

welcome to the purple universe :enos: :enos_flag: :penguin_face: :rocketa_purple: :purple_heart:

whether you donate or not, the community will help you anyway.

3 Likes

Providing some “hardinfo” about your system would certainly help those who are able to help you:

:eye: How to include system logs in your post

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

:enos_flag:

3 Likes

Thank you much guys <3 , here are some info

https://clbin.com/fWPSZ

https://clbin.com/PxWDw

2 Likes

Some info on your used Desktop and DM ?

(uid=1000 pid=3855 comm="cinnamon-session --session cinnamon")
lightdm[6004]: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session opened for user serif(uid=1000) by (uid=1000)

Nvidia:
kernel: nvidia: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel

systemd-udevd[263]: nvidia: Process '/usr/bin/bash -c '/usr/bin/mknod -Z -m 666 /dev/nvidiactl c $(grep nvidia-frontend /proc/devices | cut -d \ -f 1) 255'' failed with exit code 1.

Is some kind of GPU switcher installed? as specs look like its a dedicated pcie card and not a notebook with dual graphics optimus ?

and Bios/Firmware could be outdated:
Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-7B18/MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK (MS-7B18), BIOS 1.C2 11/19/2021
seems fine… no newer update at the website…

1 Like

What is the game you are trying to launch. Is this on Steam or some other platform? It may be a game platform issue.

2 Likes

It’s league of legends, I don’t think so its a game platform issue. bc everything is dine till the game starts and we get into hero screen it goes black.

If the game starts but somewhere within you get to a black screen it’s probably a compatibility issue. Look up the game on protondb.com and see A) if any tweaks are needed and B) what proton compatibility version works the best. Also, generally you’ll have the best luck using the glorious eggroll (GE) version of Proton. Search for this and you’ll find a wealth of information on how to install.

Thank you!

but my game League of Legends is not listed on protodb.

Ah, this is a mobile game. Are you trying to play just on the web? Or, have you setup to where you can run Android apps and playing that way?

I think that LoL isn’t playable out of the box.
You shold use Glorious Eggroll’s Wine version modified specifically for LoL.

This is the latest release.
Also when it comes to gaming, you should check this article out, and install all those dependencies.
This article is also helpful.

Best way to try it out is like this:

1. download protonup-qt (recommended way from GE)
  2. install Lutris if you haven’t already.
  3. install LoL via Lutris script
  4. As wine version, select the one I mentioned above (7.0-GE-5-LoL is latest version as of this writing)
  5. Enjoy the game.

Of course, before doing all this, make sure you have all dependencies installed.

4 Likes

No, it’s a pc game. it has a mobile version also called “wild rift”.

@Serif
It would be nice if you were more specific and explain how you are trying to play this PC game on EndeavourOS? It’s all in the details…

Dear rickilinux,

Installed wine and related things to wine. downloaded LoL via wine, than tried to play afterall. (I did every update ofc)

1 Like

Hang on, working on this right now. will update if it works.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.