Bitcoin-core

Hi all, this is my first post. I come from Manjaro and I have just installed Endeavouros KDE.

Trying to install bitcoin-core using yay i get this error:

2022-09-04T13:24:22.478003Z [test] [validation.cpp:1672] [InitScriptExecutionCache] Using 16 MiB out of 16 MiB requested for script execution cache, able to store 524288 elements
test/system_tests.cpp(90): error: in “system_tests/run_command”: check what.find(expected) != std::string::npos has failed
I get the same error with all installation options: bitcoin-core, bitcoin-core-git, bitcoin-git
Anyone know how to fix this error?
Thanks alot.

This seems to be an issue with the package, already reported on
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bitcoin-core
with a proposed “solution” of removing the tests from the PKGBUILD. Though whether the check is wrong or the software really is defective is anyone’s guess.

(a better solution would probably be not running bitcoin at all, but that’s your business :wink: )

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply, yes, removing test from PKGBUILD you can compile and install.
But i think that this is not the better solution.
Other possibility is install bitcoin-qt it has graphical interface and compile quick and well.
This issue is solved.

Go to the post that most helped you solve the problem, then click on the three horizontal dots.
Then click on the “Solution” button.

This triggers the forum software to perform the Solved routine.

Pudge

Happily and hopelessly hoping to grow some cash somebody must be, forgetting about responsibility and all the rest…

:man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.