Best Browser

you have to install brave-bin, the brave package doesn´t install! :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the best, I don’t think so, but if it wasn’t for Chromium, I couldn’t be here in the forum, or anywhere else, since Cromium offers me instant translations, that’s not a little for a neophyte in the English language.

1 Like

thanks all for reply. Installed brave and keep it firefox too… :wink:

1 Like

The trick is, more or less, to find your own sweetspot between a terminal browser and something seriously over-bloated.

I had no idea that chomium had that functionality, as I’m highly Google-phobic, but thats pretty neat. On the other hand… I’m pretty sure that machine translations soner or later will start WWIII. :smirk:

1 Like

Brave have too… just installed and when i launch first time, asked me if approve installation of google translate. you can translate all the page in a lots of languages, or you can just copy/paste some text, on the right corner of brave window. :wink:

I love firefox, but quite honestly Chromium has the best engine. By far.
Let’s remember that Firefox had just beaten the crap out of the competition, was totally dominating the “market share”, and still lost to Chrome very quickly because Chrome was as much better than Firefox as Firefox was better than Internet Explorer.

As much as I hate a 90-95% market domination, there is a reason for that, and that reason was NOT cheating, NOT using dirty methods but simply being that much better when it counted. Firefox never recovered, just like IE never recovered from Firefox.

1 Like

And don’t forget all the mobile devices. It’s not only a matter of Desktops and Laptops. Chrome is of course the best integrated browser on Android.

2 Likes

yeah netscape didnt recover ie :slight_smile: chromium got some serious backup offcourse stil, firefox itself not so bad, i disabled chrome as standard browser in my phone using firefox. personal as it works is it ok :slight_smile:

Yeah I run Nightly on my Android as the only browser.

Netscape is still number one. Opera is good too.

1 Like

Netscape? It was good in it’s time. I prefer Firefox over all other browsers. I do like Chromium, Opera Vivaldi, Chrome also but my daily driver will always be Firefox. Some browsers just have way too much going on for me and that’s one reason i don’t prefer them. Firefox is perfect and i support their efforts for privacy. I like the way it’s set up and how it functions and there are no issues with it.

I prefer Opera cause of the VPN.

This is why you need to use multiple browsers at the same time, and there is no question of which one is best.

1 Like

As far as I know a lot of browsers can manage VPN today. Sometimes you just need to install a plug-in. From time to time I’m even using Tor browser. No need to configure stuff. Just download, extract and start. Off you go with tor network. The downside is, that all other programs show your real IP address. You always have to keep that in mind. But that’s the same with VPN as long as it’s not configured system wide.

I try brave and i like , have a lot of extensions, adblock , sync with phone, google translation, and i see in settings…widevine :thinking: …netflix.com and asked if allow to install the extension and…boom.Working!!! I don’t know if is from brave, because i installed the extension for chromium, but if is already pre-installed i think that is really great… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

chromium is generaly is fast forward… if brave can hold the fast forward then is ok :slight_smile:

my current personal rating:

1. Firefox
  2. Chrome
  3. Brave

…saving my first wish for a faster, less expensive broadband connection

Brave seemed ok, until it started just bugging out. I could only access a few websites. I tried it again the other day. Worked ok, until it started again. Now trying Vivaldi. Seems to be blocking ads quite nicely, but having to relog into every website after restart sucks. Chromium is a no go, too many ads.

Opera got sold to some chinese company, not using that any more. :confused:

I stopped using Firefox since Brendan Eich was forced to resign. I am using Falkon now and love it.

Firefox is my favorite. :fire: :fox_face:

1 Like