AUR update fails on several apps

AUR update check:
:: Searching AUR for updates...
 -> Missing AUR Packages:  ipw2100-fw  ipw2200-fw  python2-appdirs  python2-ordered-set  python2-packaging  python2-pyparsing
 -> Orphaned AUR Packages:  arcus  cura-resources-materials  curaengine  electron16  libsavitar  python-pynest2d
 -> Flagged Out Of Date AUR Packages:  arcus  cura  libkipi
:: 3 Packages to upgrade.
3  aur/arcus      4.13.1-3  -> 5.0.0-2
2  aur/ceph-libs  15.2.14-6 -> 15.2.14-9
1  aur/python2    2.7.18-5  -> 2.7.18-6
==> Packages to exclude: (eg: "1 2 3", "1-3", "^4" or repo name)
==>

I have had to exclude the above apps in order to get the rest to update. The apps above all give a similar failure message. For Example Arcus fails with:

FAILED: pyArcus.so 
: && /usr/bin/c++ -fPIC -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions         -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security         -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -g -ffile-prefix-map=/home/keith/.cache/yay/arcus/src=/usr/src/debug -flto=auto -fno-fat-lto-objects  -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now -shared -Wl,-soname,pyArcus.so -o pyArcus.so CMakeFiles/sip_pyArcus.dir/python/PythonMessage.cpp.o  -Wl,-rpath,/home/keith/.cache/yay/arcus/src/build:::::::::::::::::::::  libArcus.so.5.0.0  /usr/lib/libprotobuf.so  /usr/lib/libpython3.10.so && cd /home/keith/.cache/yay/arcus/src/build && /usr/bin/cmake -E env PYTHONPATH=::/home/keith/.cache/yay/arcus/src/build /Scripts/sip-build --pep484-pyi --no-protected-is-public && /usr/bin/cmake -E touch /home/keith/.cache/yay/arcus/src/build/pyArcus/pyArcus/sippyArcuspart0.cpp
No such file or directory
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
 -> error making: arcus

I have tried choosing the Clean Build Option but that makes no difference.

The AUR is a wild and crazy place and things don’t stay there.
Of note python2 is outdated and basically everything python2 is likely going away.
The ipw packages have been dropped as outdated.
As for the outdated marked packages…sometimes life gets in the way for the maintainers and it takes a few days.
Basically you need to clean house and might not be a bad idea to stay up to date on things going on if you run a rolling release.

Thanks, I don’t really need python2 anymore but I am unsure how to “Clean House”. I am kind of new to Endeavour and Arch based systems so happy to be told what I am doing wrong but I did try to search on the errors and didn’t find any suggestions on how to fix them.

Basically, if you don’t need it, get rid of it. Assuming using a command line management tool, paru/pacman/yay/etc -R

Check the comments section for the affected package(s) in aurweb.
They usually contain some information when things break.

Such as https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/arcus#comment-881091

Thanks, I have managed to remove all of the Missing, Orphaned and out of date packages and their dependencies.

Thanks that is useful information

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.