Attempting to install Vulkan drivers

I am trying to play Overwatch on my newly set up system. However, when I try to open the game through Lutris, it says that it can’t find the Vulkan drivers. I tried downloading the drivers from Nvidia here without much luck. When I try to install it gives me an error that I’m running an X server?

nvidia-installer log file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log'
creation time: Wed Aug 18 11:19:11 2021
installer version: 470.63.01

PATH: /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl

nvidia-installer command line:
    ./nvidia-installer

Unable to load: nvidia-installer ncurses v6 user interface

Unable to load: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface

Using: nvidia-installer ncurses v6 user interface (widechar)
-> Detected 16 CPUs online; setting concurrency level to 16.
-> The file '/tmp/.X0-lock' exists and appears to contain the process ID '1332' of a running X server.
ERROR: You appear to be running an X server; please exit X before installing.  For further details, please see the section INSTALLING THE NVIDIA DRIVER in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.
ERROR: Installation has failed.  Please see the file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details.  You may find suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

This is the error found in /var/log/nvidia-install.log.

I’m running an AMD Ryzen 7 with an Nvidia 1650 if that helps at all. I also tried following the other thread here also without much luck. Any advice?

Did you install vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-icd-loader nvidia-utils

Edit: Do you already have nvidia drivers installed?
Edit2: Post the link to this command

inxi -Faz --no-host | eos-sendlog

1 Like

Can you also post inxi -Gx ?

Not quite sure what worked. (Ended up having to do a fresh install for unrelated reasons.) However, if anyone stumbles on this thread, follow the troubleshooting issues under the standard install here It may have helped, but also I’ve read elsewhere that installing steam will install vulkan drivers?

Either way, I appreciate the responses. Sorry for the late reply!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.