Attempting to install apps failed

I installed EOS KDE yesterday and went in this morning to start setting it up and install software. I did the 5 updates I was told I had then searched for and attempted to install Topgrade and the Root services for Dolphin, both failed. I then proceeded to try to install each using yay, and got the below. I found the below linked by one of your members and was wondering if it would be of help to me, if not what do I need to do to fix the problem? Thanks

[alienprober@TheMothership ~]$ yay -S topgrade
[sudo] password for alienprober: 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) topgrade-5.7.0-1

Total Installed Size:  2.73 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [-------------------] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key 3056513887B78AEB, "Pedro Henrique Lara Campos <root@pedrohlc.com>"? [Y/n] y
error: key "3056513887B78AEB" could not be looked up remotely
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
error installing repo packages
[alienprober@TheMothership ~]$ yay -S kde-servicemenus-rootactions
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) kde-servicemenus-rootactions-2.9.1-1

Total Download Size:   0.02 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.07 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 kde-servicemenus...    21.9 KiB   106 KiB/s 00:00 [-------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [-------------------] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key 3056513887B78AEB, "Pedro Henrique Lara Campos <root@pedrohlc.com>"? [Y/n] y
error: key "3056513887B78AEB" could not be looked up remotely
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
error installing repo packages
[alienprober@TheMothership ~]$

Cute blushing, no harm no fowl. I couldn’t even begin to count the number of times I missed seeing something in someones post. Now that said I should add that for Topgrade I attempted to use Pamac after installing it using yay -S pamac-all, rebooting and selecting panac from the systray. Only then did I try from Konsole.

1 Like

hello, you have downgrade in our depot

Can you clarify, please?

OK I’m lost. What does that have to to with the one key?

this software does not require a pgp key for installation

That sound more like it, but downgrade? as in older versions to bypass the keys?

3 Likes

Did you try the instructions as described in the link?

make sure you do not have the file already!

ls ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

ls: cannot access ‘/home/‘username’/.gnupg/gpg.conf’: No such file or directory`

then touch the file and insert the hkp:// server-line:

touch ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf`

echo keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net > ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

Now you should be able to get and add maintainer key to your local users keyring if needed.

This should take care of importing the missing key.

it is necessary to update one’s computer before installing software ; topgrade knows how to install it without any problem.

OK so unlike Garuda or Manjaro I’m going to have to manually make this except the keys? Is this going to keep popping up for various software?

It shouldn’t once you fix it. There have been some issues with the keyserver. Nothing to do with a particular package.

1 Like

The problem is that there some keyserver issues with the default keyservers used by EOS.

Can either force use to use a working keyserver or just change your default keyserver.

Will what @pebcak posted above just add it to the existing? Also I noticed twice now(just wiped EOS and reinstalled it on it’s own drive as BTRFS, hence the second attempt at adding services in Dolphin)that when going to configure Dolphin and going to add services it fails to add them. I really need the Root Action service. It saves so much time.

gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 3056513887B78AEB

This will do !

You may need to try more than once

2 Likes

Also seems to be issues with Dolphin. On the OES install I did on the second half of the m.2 that has Garuda went in to configure Dolphin and attempted 3 different services to install, each failed. Yesterday I deleted that install and properly reset my EVO 850 cause since getting the m.2 I haven’t used it. Installed EOS to it, checked for any updates, attempted to use the navigation arrows in Dolphin and they did not work, and still could not install any services. If I had actually installed anything or tweaked anything I might think it was something I did, but we are talking about simply trying to go back to a folder using the back arrow while navigating some folders in Dolphin before installing anything.

It looks that this is a quite different issue than the YAY keyserver’s. If the keyserver issue is resolved please mark the post that helped you to solve it as solution and open a new thread to get help with Dolphin.

I’ll go into EOS in a bit and test the one command and see what mileage I get for those apps. Thank you guys for the help and input.