I hope someone here can help. I’m sure there are details I will forget or not know, but I’m happy to provide whatever helps.
I’ve just made the switch from Manjaro yesterday. Actually, both my wife and I have.
We have previously had Guild Wars 2 working very well with Lutris.
Now, on her machine when she tries to launch GW2 in Lutris with either a double-click or hitting the “play” button, it either pauses for a moment and the button reverts back from “stop” to “play,” it sits silently doing nothing, or, it kicks up the fan and just sits there without launching until “stop” is clicked.
Trying to help by applying what worked on my laptop, I followed instructions found here to get it going in Steam, which only immediately gives a popup, Failed to launch Guild Wars 2.
I’ve tried many runners, including the above linked GloriousEggroll for both Proton and Lutris, have installed and reinstalled wine-staging, 32 and 64-bit mono and gecko, nvidia drivers, and followed to the letter the directions on the link I shared.
I also read through the pinned guide in this forum.
Funny thing is it worked well on my machine in Proton where Lutris is now not launching it, but neither are working on hers, yet previously both worked great in Lutris.
Can anyone help me get this thing fired up again? Here’s the
inxi -Fazi from her laptop.
inxi -Fazi System: Kernel: 5.15.14-1-lts x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0 parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-linux-lts root=UUID=7f45bc25-c4bc-4b92-95cb-e5d1db0c5835 rw quiet loglevel=3 nowatchdog nvme_load=YES Desktop: GNOME 41.3 tk: GTK 3.24.31 wm: gnome-shell dm: GDM 41.3 Distro: EndeavourOS base: Arch Linux Machine: Type: Laptop System: ASUSTeK product: GL552VW v: 1.0 serial: <superuser required> Mobo: ASUSTeK model: GL552VW v: 1.0 serial: <superuser required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: GL552VW.218 date: 03/16/2016 Battery: ID-1: BAT0 charge: 34.3 Wh (98.0%) condition: 35.0/48.2 Wh (72.6%) volts: 14.4 min: 14.4 model: ASUSTeK ASUS Battery type: Li-ion serial: N/A status: Not charging cycles: 85 CPU: Info: model: Intel Core i7-6700HQ bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Skylake-S family: 6 model-id: 0x5E (94) stepping: 3 microcode: 0xEA Topology: cpus: 1x cores: 4 tpc: 2 threads: 8 smt: enabled cache: L1: 256 KiB desc: d-4x32 KiB; i-4x32 KiB L2: 1024 KiB desc: 4x256 KiB L3: 6 MiB desc: 1x6 MiB Speed (MHz): avg: 814 high: 900 min/max: 800/3500 scaling: driver: intel_pstate governor: powersave cores: 1: 800 2: 800 3: 800 4: 810 5: 900 6: 806 7: 800 8: 800 bogomips: 41599 Flags: avx avx2 ht lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: KVM: VMX disabled Type: l1tf mitigation: PTE Inversion; VMX: conditional cache flushes, SMT vulnerable Type: mds mitigation: Clear CPU buffers; SMT vulnerable Type: meltdown mitigation: PTI Type: spec_store_bypass mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp Type: spectre_v1 mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Full generic retpoline, IBPB: conditional, IBRS_FW, STIBP: conditional, RSB filling Type: srbds mitigation: Microcode Type: tsx_async_abort mitigation: TSX disabled Graphics: Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 530 vendor: ASUSTeK driver: i915 v: kernel bus-ID: 00:02.0 chip-ID: 8086:191b class-ID: 0300 Device-2: NVIDIA GM107M [GeForce GTX 960M] vendor: ASUSTeK driver: nvidia v: 495.46 alternate: nouveau,nvidia_drm bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:139b class-ID: 0302 Device-3: IMC Networks USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam type: USB driver: uvcvideo bus-ID: 1-4:3 chip-ID: 13d3:5654 class-ID: 0e02 serial: <filter> Display: x11 server: X.Org 18.104.22.168 compositor: gnome-shell driver: loaded: modesetting,nvidia display-ID: :1 screens: 1 Screen-1: 0 s-res: 1920x1080 s-dpi: 96 s-size: 508x286mm (20.0x11.3") s-diag: 583mm (23") Monitor-1: eDP-1-1 res: 1920x1080 hz: 60 dpi: 142 size: 344x194mm (13.5x7.6") diag: 395mm (15.5") OpenGL: renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 495.46 direct render: Yes Audio: Device-1: Intel 100 Series/C230 Series Family HD Audio vendor: ASUSTeK driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 00:1f.3 chip-ID: 8086:a170 class-ID: 0403 Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.14-1-lts running: yes Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.19 running: no Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: no Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.43 running: yes Network: Device-1: Intel Wireless 7265 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel bus-ID: 02:00.0 chip-ID: 8086:095a class-ID: 0280 IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter> IP v4: <filter> type: dynamic noprefixroute scope: global broadcast: <filter> IP v6: <filter> type: noprefixroute scope: link Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: ASUSTeK driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000 bus-ID: 03:00.1 chip-ID: 10ec:8168 class-ID: 0200 IF: enp3s0f1 state: down mac: <filter> WAN IP: <filter> Bluetooth: Device-1: Intel Bluetooth wireless interface type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8 bus-ID: 1-9:4 chip-ID: 8087:0a2a class-ID: e001 Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 0 state: down bt-service: disabled rfk-block: hardware: no software: no address: see --recommends Drives: Local Storage: total: 1.14 TiB used: 249.61 GiB (21.4%)```