Artemis Neo is available

NEO-JWST

Our Artemis Neo ISO is available for users who want to install a fresh EndeavourOS on hardware or virtual machine.

This release isn’t shipping with big improvements from our side but has some corrections to the Artemis release from last month and an upstream refresh for the live environment and the offline install option. So there aren’t any fixes done on the DE options like the empty icon on our Plasma installations. We are working on it, but most of our team is in Summer holiday mode, so these changes will be shipping on one of our upcoming major releases later this year.

The full features of the Artemis release can be read over here.

Bugfixes and app refresh versions

2022-07-30_22-51

Fixes:

1. Fixed the archlinux-keyring issue for offline installs
  2. Locale issue with Calamares version 3.2.60, solved by shipping downgraded Calamares version 3.2.59
  3. Now the installation process ranks EndeavourOS mirrors for online installs in addition to the arch mirrors.

Versions on the ISO:

• Calamares 3.2.59
  • Firefox 103.0-1
  • Linux kernel 5.18.16.arch1-1
  • Mesa 22.1.4-1
  • Xorg-Server 21.1.4-1
  • nvidia-dkms 515.65.01-1
    You can download Artemis Neo over here.
30 Likes

Very nice wallpaper, using it here already…

According to the release notes, if I’m already using wireplumber, install eos-downgrade and change the wallpaper, technically I’ll be using Artemis Neo, right?

2 Likes

Translated into Spanish

5 Likes

Congrats to all the devs/maintainers/contributors on getting this .iso update pushed out with all that’s going on in the summer months. And a big shout-out to all the .iso testers that spent untold hours finding all the various little bugs and tracking them down. Great to see the community working together in such an open and friendly atmosphere. Kudos to you all! :slight_smile: :enos:

2 Likes

Yes, the changes on Neo are made to improve the installation experience. Running systems are already up to date.

3 Likes

Good work, sorry I couldn’t help with testing this time, have a really bad internet connection at the moment.

Was the wallpaper inspired by the link I posted recently? I think I saw the same image somewhere :wink: in other space :vulcan_salute:

@Rockwallaby editing the wallpapers again.

1 Like

:de:

3 Likes

Russian version

2 Likes

We may have posted the wrong gpg key info in the website

Screenshot_2022-08-09_15-02-25

Screenshot_2022-08-09_15-00-54

:man_shrugging:

Thanks, I will correct this as soon as possible.

would it be a good idea to post the actual sha512sum on the site as well? i mean if a mirror is compromised the sha512sum file would probably be as well

Finnish translation
:finland:

4 Likes

ha good point :wink: in case i would go to GitHub and get shasum file from there… but from user perspective it would make sense to have the sum on the homepage.

1 Like

:fr: translation: Artemis Neo est disponible

5 Likes

A bit later than expected, but I uploaded the right file today. At the moment only GitHub carries the correct file on our download page but I will reactivate the other mirror links when they are synced.

Thank you for bringing this up. This proves it, be very glad I’m not the one who develops our releases, judging from this mistake. I think @joekamprad @manuel @dalto @Pudge and @sradjoker are considering digitally banning me from anything dev related, I’m just a walking coding hazard. To be fair, it will protect you, the community. :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grimacing:

8 Likes

To err is human. To really screw up you need a computer. Bill Gates circa 1995

Don’t be too hard on your self, it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Pudge

8 Likes

Actually, I was considering asking you to help ARM development when you get your raspberry pi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

3 Likes

In that case, we have to rename the project… EndeavourOS ALARM :rofl:

6 Likes