Are you seeing this as well or Is It Just Me?

Do the blank avatars always show up in the same pattern? Or are they random? What version of NetworkManager are you using?

Edit:

Open your browser’s inspection tool. Click on the “network” tab and then click on the “Image” subtab to filter the list by image files only. After that, try to click on the ... in a forum post. Do you see bunch of new png files being loaded after clicking ...? If the avatars failed to load, there should be an associated HTTP status code.

Here’s a gif (I apologize in advance for the poor gif quality; open the gif in a new tab to see it clearly) to demonstrate what I mean:

inspector_tool

1 Like

It was just a test to check if it might be related to your ISP or their DNS or your home network. With the USB tethering you basically made sure that the issue is on your PC or your account here.

1 Like

I am leaning toward that it may be related to my account since:

• the issue occurs on other systems on this machine

• the issue occurs using other browsers (Firefox and Chromium) with out-of-the-box configuration (fresh profiles)

• the issue doesn’t occur using another forum using Discourse

• the issue occurs on a system on another machine

The gif looks just fine!

Thank you so much for going to great lengths to help me out with this rather “cosmetic” issue.

I’ll do what you have asked me to and come back to report a bit later.