Archlinux is kicked out Gnome 43 update

I think it was pretty easy to spot. Just wondering if this post (OP our forum) was sarcasm 101.

A fair few.

On Suse I recall there was a choice of either gnome or KDE in the installer. No xfce, I didnā€™t even know that it existed back then. Tempted to try Suse in a VM for old times sake ( I am not that old, I like to think soā€¦)

TTYos for the win. Just donā€™t say it out loud in front of the wife. I think an exception should be made for it though that makes EXWM available in the TTYos installer.

I have an openSUSE Tumbleweed running on my desktop. Packages are updated less often in it than in EOS, but it is not such a bad system. Originally, it was really optimized for KDE, but later during installation you could choose between Gnome and KDE, so the developers optimized it for Gnome.

1 Like

Screenshot from 2022-10-19 01-55-27

Surprisingly working pretty well on Fedora 37 Beta with Wayland. Too bad the release got pushed back a bit to next week, Oct 25ā€™th for the Fedora 37 official release. Gonna stick with this setup though, amazingly smooth.

2 Likes

904b33abf2d091388dff35482601a197441d6ff3

You should be getting some sleep :sleeping:

2 Likes

Linux users are often night owls. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am the entire opposite, an early bird one might say :grin: I am a fringe Linux case.

Edit: @moderators I think this topic can be moved to the pub at this point :wink:

2 Likes

Totally normal, nothing to see here! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t stop trying this:

sudo pacman -S get-a-life

But I always get:

error: target not found: get-a-life

:disguised_face:

9 Likes

I support this idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

11 Likes

Iā€™m always in favor of moving to a pub.

2 Likes

Are Arch users even funnier than the average Linux user?

Iā€™m with you, so thereā€™s at least two of us.

05:15 and Iā€™ve been at work for a bit already. This is normal.

Breaking News

Ubuntu 22.10 has Gnome 43 already (and not Arch)
Ubuntu is bleeding edge now :rofl:

2 Likes

Ubuntu also has Virtualbox 7, Arch doesnā€™t. :sweat_smile:

You need to run checkupdates (or sudo pacman -Syu) to see that VirtualBox 7.0.2-1 is already on arch.

1 Like

Arch is a thing of yesterday! BTW! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like