All app gets automatically closed

Sir before i haven’t got into this problem i really need your help what should be the best to solve this issue

if you are sure the Memory usage is from the IDE it will depend on the Project you are working on it may is huge? and it loads this into memory?
You can workaround by providing more usable memory with making swapfile bigger …
Or you will need to check vscode … may try find its logs… run it in debug mode or simple start it from terminal prompt… what can show issues already…

1 Like

Thanks a lot sir still don’t know what to do next
I will try to increase the swap hope it will work if not then don’t know

in case using code-oss version:
this from a terminal will create a verbose debug logfile while starting the app:
code-oss --verbose --log debug > ~/code.log
After closing it you can share the log with this:
cat ~/code.log | eos-sendlog
it wil give out a short url you can share.

1 Like

increasing your swapfile will be a good start … you do not need 16GB but at least 8 GB would be good…
And try other kernels aside from zen … at least LTS:
yay -S linux-lts linux-lts-headers

I see also you may use a notebook with a hybrid GPU nvidia-intel… you set it up to switch nvidia graphics on ?
as i see you are running on intel:

API: OpenGL v: 4.6 Mesa 22.3.6 renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics (CML GT2)
    direct-render: Yes

sir then how to use nvidia graphics on my kernel

You have already the Proprietary driver installed but no switcher and running GNOME on wayland is not the most easy to run on Nvidia…
But i bet you will not mind running X11 instead…

There are many ways to setup hybrid graphics.
You can set it to run nvidia ll the time or you can use one of the 10 implementations to switch it on in case you want the power of it and leave it of to save power when running on battery p.e.

Sir basically i m new on linux so don’t know anything about these things
but sir as i want to know which kernel should be best to run my system smoothly without any issues

Sir X11 means ubuntu right ??

nah… X11 is the old but gold X-Server but Gnome ios using Wayland per default… what is not working that nice with the Propritary Nvidia drivers…
You can change the session from wayland to X11 on Login Screen

and indeed i can guid eyou but can be some learning for you included…

Sure sir,
if it helps me and helps to run my distro smooth then pease guide me

@Astra I too suggest trying this :point_up_2:

I’ve come across at least two cases in past weeks where a kernel update caused spikes in memory usage, and it eventually got fixed in a future kernel update.

There is no straight answer. Different hardwares have different needs. linux-lts is popularly said to give the least issues, so try that out.

2 Likes

thanks sir i will try it

sir and what about graphics
should i have to install some LTS graphics driver also ??

I want use my nvidia grapics

when you click on your users name in login this will appear when click on the little wheel bottom right… GNOME = default Wayland Session // GNOME on Xorg is X11 session…

Sir i wanna try the LTS kernel as you suggested and try it for some days
and lets see if the issue gets solved or not

to use your nvidia card first try if you can switch manually:
xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink nvidia Intel

sir just now i instalLed LTS kernel but it is still showing zen what should i do next sir ?

xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink nvidia Intel

it says : Could not find provider with name nvidia

Hi, I have the same problem with vs codium in this thread App closes itself - #5 by gonza01
I use a 512mb swap file and I have 16 gb RAM.
I think the problem is with vscode/codium because it doesn’t occurs the same with another app.
I’ll try too increasing the swap file.