After update language and keyboard reset

Hi, today (Monday) I updated the system, then after rebooting the language and keyboard reset to English (I have it set to Spanish) now it’s not a big deal, the real problem is that I have set my password (root and as user) with a letter that it’s only used in Spanish. Can’t change the password since I have to type the password and need that letter and since the keyboard reset to English it doesn’t recognize it. The terminal show this:

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=es_MX.utf8
LC_CTYPE=“es_MX.utf8”
LC_NUMERIC=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_TIME=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=“es_MX.utf8”
LC_MONETARY=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=“es_MX.utf8”
LC_PAPER=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_NAME=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=es_MX.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

I have been using the LTS kernel, 5.10.37-1-lts. What can I do to fix it? Or at least to change the password.

May be you can copy and paste this letter from somewhere, just to change password? Sorry if it irrelevant.

1 Like

I guess you could boot the EndeavourOS live ISO, do an arch-chroot as described here, edit /etc/locale-gen in order to get the Spanish layout back, and run locale-gen. In addition you should check /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf and change the layout accordingly.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help!, did just that -arch-chroot- and my machine is back.
Now how to mark the post as Solved?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.