After last update I am getting connection error Nordvpn?

After last update I am getting this error NordVPN

The VPN connection has failed. Please check your internet connection and try connecting to the VPN again. If the issue persists, contact our customer support.

My phone NordVPN is working fine connecting to nord servers, but my laptop can’t connect? I tried reinstalling Nord to no avail. I tried OpenVPN technology for Nord to no avail also?

My wifi my laptop works fine without VPN also, I can connect to wifi no problem , just cant via Nordvpn?

yeah I wouldn’t use Nord.

Have you tried to configure your VPN connection with NetworkManager using openvpn config files from your VPN provider?

yes…cant connect thru OVPN via network settings either…

yet I can connect via my phone , I tried just now also first time to connect to nordvpn via firefox brower and Chrome browser nordvpn extensions and thats ok…just not via nordvpn-bin package?

I am kind of inclined to just restore a clonezilla image i made before the update for now if I cant get this fixed…I would rather not use Nordvpn browser extensions…Prefer the Nordvpn-bin package if I can

I wish I knew a better alternative to Nordvpn or any vpn? I am not familiar with setting up multiple proxies etc

This may be a long shot or something you don’t want to do.

You could tether your phone and set it to pass the vpn connection to other devices.

Contact NordVPN support to see if this is an issue on their side.

Personally don’t use one. My understanding is that Mullvad is one of the best ones around that is not involved in data collecting (well at least of this posting)

1 Like

I heard of Mullvad actually few months ago,will look into it…I happen to just renew my nord subscription …If mullvad I am guessing they dont have a package on AUR or I guess I could just use OVPN… at the moment a workaround I am using qbitorrent proxy via Nordvpn proxy for torrent app… But of i prefer an AUR package for VPN for ease use,

if I tether my phone thats gonna use my phone sim card data am I right? at the moment my phone using home wifi, i can tether home wifi via phone to nordvpn to my laptop? Temporarily?

Seems I am not the only one…I just saw this on AUR site

1 2 3 4 5 652 Next › Last »

HotblackDesiato commented on 2024-04-01 11:07 (UTC)

I updated the package today to version 3.17.3-1. I am getting this error:

The VPN connection has failed. Please check your internet connection and try connecting to the VPN again. If the issue persists, contact our customer support.

I just see the previous warning by Mxzcabel. After “systemctl restart systemd-resolved.service” I was able to connect.

I guess this is not a permanent fix. I suggest the package maintainer downgrades the package until this issue is solved.

from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nordvpn-bin

the temporary solution/workaround as mentioned in AUR Nordvpn comments is

systemctl restart systemd-resolved.service

1 Like

Yes. It should be possible.

Connect your phone to WiFi.
Connect to VPN.
Turn your phone to be a WiFi hotspot Or use USB tethering.
Set it to share VPN with other connected devices.

1 Like

good to know can do this also. thanks info anyway. i found the solution on AUR After last update I am getting connection error Nordvpn? - #10 by s88

1 Like

Verified. I had reinstalled Arch on my HP laptop and Nordvpn wouldn’t work and presented the same error.
Once I issued systemctl enable systemd-resolved; systemctl start systemd-resolved, I was able to again access NordVPN. Thanks!

1 Like

Wow, that was fast. I typed in the above command, gave the “nordvpn connect” command and BINGO the thing worked. Thank you very much s88.

2 Likes

Anyone here who encountered a recent issue when logging in via login page, and not being able to use the link in your browser to connect?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.