A problem with wine program loader

i want to start an exe file by using wine program loader but check your connection and click ‘Retry’ to try downloading the files again

1 Like

I’m afraid we are goint to need a lot more information. I’m going to assume you’re trying to install Wine so you can use it and the files for it won’t download? If so what messages besides the one are you getting?

1 Like

a friend here, he downloaded a newprefix for windows 10 and we supposed that it’ll have a new wine program loader installed with it, i did the same before him and it worked with me, though when we did it and he pressed right click on the exe and went to “open with” the wine program loader wasn’t there, though the older one was there but it wasn’t doing the job intended to do, i think it’s broken maybe, btw i’m sorry for my and his bad language it’s not our main language. :hearts:

Sounds like you are trying to usae Wine the wrong way so I’m out.

2 Likes

If I understood you correctly you want to have a possibility to open windows executables with newly defined wine prefix from your file manager.

If so, that’s pretty easy to do. First make sure your new wine prefix is working correctly

WINEPREFIX=~/.your_new_prefix winecfg

If everything works fine, you can proceed. First copy wine.desktop to a new file

cp /usr/share/applications/wine.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/wine1.desktop

Then edit wine1.desktop replacing the name and exec lines with

Name=Wine Windows Program Loader - Custom prefix
Exec=env WINEPREFIX=/home/yourusername/.your_new_prefix wine start /unix %f

Finally update the desktop database

update-desktop-database ~/.local/share/applications/

Now, when you right click on an exe file, you should have both options

1 Like

Never mind The issue was storage and thx for help

1 Like