A few error during update system using paru

I try hundred way which I found in this forum even outside of this forum but nothing work.
so create new topic…
using

paru

command and got this

error: endeavouros: missing required signature
error: core: missing required signature
error: extra: missing required signature
error: multilib: missing required signature
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 endeavouros                7.5 KiB  23.3 KiB/s 00:00 [----------------------------] 100%
 core                     121.2 KiB   127 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------] 100%
 extra                      7.9 MiB   984 KiB/s 00:08 [----------------------------] 100%
 multilib                 138.8 KiB   140 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db.sig' from europe.mirror.pkgbuild.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.db.sig' from europe.mirror.pkgbuild.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db.sig' from europe.mirror.pkgbuild.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: too many errors from europe.mirror.pkgbuild.com, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed to synchronize all databases (failed to retrieve some files)

would you help?

1 Like

Try running this.
paru -S endeavouros-keyring archlinux-keyring

Then try updating with paru again?

1 Like

Refresh your Arch’s mirrorlist to begin with:

reflector --latest 7 --sort rate --protocol https | sudo tee /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

The run

sudo rm -r /var/lib/pacman/sync/

and

sudo pacman -Syyu

and post the output of the latter.

1 Like

after running that command got this:

error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/endeavouros.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/endeavouros.db: Unrecognized archive format
warning: archlinux-keyring-20240609-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
error: failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupted database)
sudo pacman -Syyu
 endeavouros                7.5 KiB  14.7 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------] 100%
 core                     121.2 KiB   101 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------] 100%
 extra                      7.9 MiB   377 KiB/s 00:21 [----------------------------] 100%
 multilib                 138.8 KiB  95.1 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: yad: local (13.0-2.2) is newer than extra (13.0-2)

See:

3 Likes

Can you share the output of the following?
ls -l /var/lib/pacman/sync/endeavouros.db

1 Like

-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 7638 Jun 20 23:11 /var/lib/pacman/sync/endeavouros.db

Try running the following.
sudo rm -f /var/lib/pacman/sync/endeavouros.db

Then run then try updating again with paru?

1 Like

oh and I’m set SigLevel = Never temporary because I have signature error too

paru
 endeavouros                7.5 KiB  12.6 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------] 100%
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: yad: local (13.0-2.2) is newer than extra (13.0-2)

Don’t!

Restore its default value and follow the instructions in the link I posted in my previous post.

3 Likes

now Siglevel equal to Required
and follow that link:

1. I dont have Server = https://mirror.nimatarlani.com/endeavouros/repo/$repo/$arch so can’t remove it obviously

2. I run reflector command successfully

3.then sudo rm -r /var/lib/pacman/sync/

1. then sudo pacman -Syu and I got this:
 endeavouros                7.5 KiB  21.3 KiB/s 00:00 [----------------------------] 100%
 core                     121.2 KiB   116 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------] 100%
 extra                      7.9 MiB   756 KiB/s 00:11 [----------------------------] 100%
 multilib                 138.8 KiB   130 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db.sig' from at.arch.mirror.kescher.at : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.db.sig' from at.arch.mirror.kescher.at : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from at.arch.mirror.kescher.at : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
warning: too many errors from at.arch.mirror.kescher.at, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db.sig' from mirror.f4st.host : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to synchronize all databases (failed to retrieve some files)
paru
error: GPGME error: No data
[sudo] password for kstech: 

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman#error:_GPGME_error:_No_data

Please follow the suggestions made in the link above.

You would also make sure to have a steady internet connection and up-to-date mirrorlists.

1 Like

Not worked. thank yall for your friendly helps. It means a lot for me.
BTW this problem solved by myself according to your info.
I’m edit /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist and there is a server which pebcak mentioned in past topics which is cause problems Server = https://mirror.nimatarlani.com/endeavouros/repo/$repo/$arch the strange things is first time when I check endeavouros-mirrorlist it’s not there but after using two mirror refresher at EOS welcome app somehow appear there.
after removing that and set SigLevel = Required DatabaseOptional and

[endeavouros]

SigLevel = PackageRequired`

and sudo pacman -Syyu
problem solved.
thank you

1 Like

Glad your up and running be sure to mark the thread as solved from which of @pebcaks post helped you get this issue resolved so if others have it they can quickly find the answers. Thank you and Happy Computing.

1 Like

Is that possible to edit that wiki page of archwiki and add endeavouros-mirrorlist related commands?

No because that is the Archwiki, not the EndeavourOS wiki.

2 Likes

I wish our EOS and every Arch-base linux had this Rich wiki!