A Dutch eye needed for the welcome app

oh sorry, i thought you can set it in source :slight_smile: nvm :slight_smile:

on translation i try to make a shot…hope tomorow is read after my job interview…had to exame some elevator pitch… worse for me :slight_smile:

btw what is the context of : _tr_add2 settings_dis_buttip “I promise”

makes me confuse a bit, does it promise something ?

a little bit started :slight_smile:

bit changed the blueberry line , for xfce to for cinnamon…blueberry is stil in origin a cinnamon application.

@Bryanpwo I followed closely the dialog and what you said applies to 99% of languages.
And just putting words there, replace with synthetic translations gives Welcome app a sloppy image.

@manuel basic terminology is rather new , last decades for almost all languages.
The Latin languages have very little originality when comes to computer science. Sucks and sounds so weird sometime.

@ringo been there and laughed and cried in the same time.
Spiegel - I am taking A1 German classes and really, my teacher told me that German is a very precise language, and Dutch following close, but this is where I don’t know much about it.

@FLVAL now, this discussion about terms remembered our short, wonderfully productive collaboration and how trivial it seem, but what a headache to please both the meaning and the application rules and squeezing terms inside the buttons.

Well guys some things I want to share.
Deepl helps a lot, and using it some time looks like a waste of time, because sometimes it gives worse results than Google. But Deepl has learning algorithms behind, is learning and that means we just have to use it, and will grow and become better .

Also, Reverso is a nifty tool, it gives you contextual translation , with your chosen words inside of a few phrases and sentences - gives you a feel of how the translation would look and sound.

Spent some time to learn some Google Fu about searching, some terms were better translated burrowed down inside some research papers or university course in one’s language.

And finally Wikipedia. Someone already translatef the technical terms, have a look and say the word loud. Makes sense, does it carry the same meaning? Think that if your mother will have a hard time understanding it

1 Like

im pretty not so languastic :stuck_out_tongue: precise i dont know, its stil from a germanic roots like english. But i don’t know dutch people does not mind for 50% if its english is my guess, i prefer bit the english. but is as always which context but thats with every lang :slight_smile:

Spiegelserver misschien?

Tooooooo looooooooooong :wink:

Without misschien of koorzzzzz.

Hybrid dutch would be nice , try tomake if none comes up nicely i push this , stil not ready just did 10%

updatemirrors… thinking out loud here

lokale server kiezen

seems to be shorter than “EndeavourOS wallpaper” so could fit in the button?

would be rater , sync. server … update mirrors does synchronize with the running mirrors
chosing new mirrors is different

Server is also english technical :stuck_out_tongue: