2 in 1 laptop screen wont rotate

I have an Acer Travelmate Spin B118-RN, it’s one of those 2 in 1 foldable touch screen laptops, running endavour with KDE Plasma.
According to what I can find online it has an accelerometer and should be able to detect orientation and rotate screen accordingly, but even with iio-sensor-proxy, screenrotator-git, kde-auto-rotate-git and libinput-xrandr-autorotate it doesn’t work. Not a dealbreaker for me, more just curious if I can get it to work as a learning exercise for myself.

Any advice?

Did you try using Wayland as supposedly it automatically works without any of these packages. Just install plasma-wayland-session then log out and log back in under wayland.

1 Like

I did try and install wayland, but didn’t know I had to log in under wayland, tried it just now but it doesn’t seem to work. Also tried wayland the above jumble of addons but no luck. I’ll try under windows in two weeks when I get back home, see if it works there. This laptop might have some defects since I bought it as an insurance rejected item. It does have some issues with the battery sometimes working and often times not.

Have you managed to get it to work? I have a 2 in 1 laptop too so I can help you in case you haven’t gotten it yet.

1 Like