Youtube using a lot of cpu

Gees, I wish I could edit that post.

I use Brave as well but I never had this kind of high CPU usage. And are you sure you’re using EndeavourOS?

We can be shure, he’s not (but I don’t care)

Desktop: i3 v: 4.22 info: polybar vt: 1 dm: SDDM Distro: Archcraft
Info: model: AMD A4-9120e RADEON R3 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G bits: 64 type: MCP
Device-1: AMD Stoney [Radeon R2/R3/R4/R5 Graphics]
driver: amdgpu v: kernel arch: GCN-3
Memory: 7.17 GiB used: 1.19 GiB (16.6%)
Swap:
Alert: No swap data was found.

…but at least we know, he is on AMD IGPU and hazardous running 8 GIB memory without swap.

Yes, I agree. Wouldn’t it be better if he had a swap or a ZRAM.

Yeah im using archcraft…and im on this forum as this is the most active forum in terms of arch linux…

I guess zram os for low memory system…and yeah my Cpu is kinda old…I had low budget while buying this laptop

This might be an active forum for an Arch-based distro but this is not what you’re using. 8Gb’s are considered SWAP-worthy nowadays.

And from your responses, it seems you want a premade solution without testing things. @banjo did ask for some other information as well which you didn’t provide.

Then @Zircon34 asked if the same thing happens when you use Firefox you just said

Without even trying. A lot of people, are turned off when you reply like this.

As far as I know, Archcraft does do a lot of customizing so there may be many things that are causing the problem. Even a plugin you have.

Did you try using the Brave private browsing mode to see at least that mode also has the same issue?

1 Like

yeah I installed firefox right now and its working fine…I installed h264ify now cpu usage is normal…

Yeah “Based” on Arch. Might differ. That’s why it’s always better to ask in those forums. Not in other forums. Because we don’t know what’s under the hood.

No sir till now archcraft doesnt have the kind of support which eos gives…that is why im still on this forum :slight_smile:

No problem. We all are one family. It’s best to mention your distro first. It’ll help immensely. Because all here thinks you’re on :enos:. I don’t know if this needs to be moved to other distros though. I leave it up to our moderators @ricklinux and @dalto.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.