FWIW I checked the AUR package and there is no reason for a subfolder. I will report it to the packager, as it seems a typo or copy/paste mistake.
The file is installed in a subdir, and IIRC my script has a limitation for subfolders.
I was going to fix it in a later stage, as such cases are super rare, even if correct by protocol. So, time is up .
It would be easiest if you only look at files with a name
What is about the TERMINAL variable?
Warning: Terminal command not found, or not valid: ' -e'
isn’t really good.
is bad. Setting a default values to something which might not exist cannot be proper.
I agree. Thanks for the feedback. It motivates me!!!
I’ll fix it as well.
It’s a known workaround for the need of a default terminal application. Several DEs look for it, but not all. XDE_TERMINAL is from my own project.
I uploaded fixes for both issues (TERMINAL message and subfolders lookup).
Would you confirm it works now, please?
xde-start -Lmqn "*ocu*" -e GNOME -o PATH,NAME -x gives first
sed: read error on /usr/share//applications/oculante.desktop: Is a directory
which is bad.
Then it gives
which is good.
A general recommendation from my side when doing bash or whatever scripts.
Use at least
in the beginning which is always helpful to avoid unwanted errors.
Fixed! Thank you very much!
I wish there were more like you, so I would have improved much faster.
I was caught in the usual trap of Programmer testing his own program, on his own system .
I used to test like that in the past. I have to be more humble and do it again .
Now things are looking good.
set -eu requires more things to consider.
set -u isn’t so complicated as you have to make sure that you don’t have undefined variables.
set -e is more tricky.
For example. Imagine in your script you have a command
mycmd where it is ok if it returns 0 or <> 0 (means errror).
In such a case you could code
mycmd || true
A very good info about these things provide http://redsymbol.net/articles/unofficial-bash-strict-mode/