X11 KDE triggers kernel error

Probably because of updates to xorg, mesa, and amdgpu because of newer kernels or something? :man_shrugging:

Then you should mark @ricklinux’s post as the solution, not your own!

Your post that says “the problem is solved, thanks” is not a solution, and should not be marked as such. Think of it from the perspective of another user with a similar problem who sees your “solution”. How useful is your “solution” to such a user? Utterly useless. It would be much more useful to mark the post that actually solves the problem.

2 Likes

My reasoning is that

My logs didn’t mentioning anything about xf86-video-*, I came to the conclusion about missing xf86-video-amdgpu myself but thanks to ricklinux’s reply.

If someone else (that has the same thing happening) didn’t look at my comment that tells them to check xf86-video-amdgpu, does anyone else check the same thing?

Now I flagged that comment as solution, it might misdirect other people to (1) remove libahci.ignore_sss kernel parameter if they also set it for themselves (2) installs xf86-video-ati instead of xf86-video-amdgpu.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.