Worthy CPU, don't let this pass under the radar!

Hello fellow members !
Just wanted to get back to the community and start contributing in a way, although i am still in medical leave,my recovery is slow. But that is not important.
What is important and news worthy is the new AMD Ryzen 5 1600 revision, with the EAN YD1600BBAFBOX - AF stepping which is essentially a 2600 sold as 1600, built on the same 12 nm as Zen+ , rather than 14 nm ,the previous generation.
And Ryzen scheduler work so much better under Linux, as opposite to Windows.
And 30% cheaper. Really, what is not to like?
For those who want to upgrade, build a computer or a home server, this is a CPU to buy less than 100 euros.
Don’t have any affiliate with AMD or otherwise, I just build computers as a technician and when i see value and performance, I share. As you guys share your knowledge, software time and patience within this forum.
So there you have it, a small contribution, hardware related and feel free to ask more details about RAM, motherboards. I will answer with pleasure, hardware still makes me tick and enjoy computing in general.
Cheers!

9 Likes

Thank @Anticupidon, I will check my EAN on Ryzen 1600…

Don’t forget your healthy…

1 Like

and here I put a list with a budget Linux gaming computer…
yeah, gaming on Linux guys.

The list is mostly budget oriented, and can be changed based on different needs or goals.
All components In the list are well worth and i have used them so many times, I can vouch for reliability and value, without sacrificing performance.
Here you go:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Stepping AF
HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz 2x4 GB
MSI B450M Mortar Max
ASROCK Radeon RX570 8G OC
BitFenix 550W 80+ Gold
Toshiba OCZ TR200 SSD 240GB
Nox Hummer MC USB 3.0
LG 22MK430H-B 21.5" LED IPS
If this computer doesn’t scream VALUE, i don’t know what does.
Most important of all, all components behaved beautifully under Linux.

4 Likes

Get well soon.

I have an Asrock Deskmini A300 with a Ryzen 2200g. Unbeatable value and perfect for Linux. I don’t game so the 2200G is more than enough.
The thing about Linux is that you can run it on quite low specs. I also have an Intel NUC5 with a celeron processor. It’s very good and is just a bit slower than my A300.

1 Like

I’m stunned and amazed by the capability of needed system resources at linux/EOS. A Core2Duo E4xx0 is already enough to use EOS on it’s fullest potential.

The ASRock A300 Desk-Mini is a rocket with boosters compared to my hardware, hihihi…

I love EOS!

Have 2200G on my HTPC, amazing little beast.
Truly value.

So the 2200G is rolling well on EOS ?
My dad has one, and blocked at DEEPIN 15.7 since they use the 4.15 Kernel on the Latest version…

There was a time in late November when 2200G had some issues with some kernel parameter ( Xorg ) but worked fine with Wayland.
Installed Fedora back then, was only distro that worked with Vega graphics stack.
But I confirm now that with EndeavourOS is smooth sailing.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.