Wireplumber permissions

Hello, checking my logs i noticed some errors of permission on wireplumber :

10:44:35 wireplumber: could not save restore-stream: Failed to create file “/var/lib/sddm/.local/state/wireplumber/restore-stream.29J3H2”: No such file or directory
10:44:27 wireplumber: could not save restore-stream: Failed to create file “/var/lib/sddm/.local/state/wireplumber/restore-stream.KVR6H2”: No such file or directory
10:44:25 wireplumber: Failed to get percentage from UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner
10:44:25 wireplumber: failed to create directory /var/lib/sddm/.local/state/wireplumber: Permission denied
10:44:25 wireplumber: failed to create directory /var/lib/sddm/.local/state/wireplumber: Permission denied

but i didn’t made any custom config for wireplumber and this folder doesn’t even exist
ls: cannot access '/var/lib/sddm/.local/state/': No such file or directory

so what could be wrong here?

Anyone? not even google results is giving my any ideas :confused:

Do you have problems with wireplumber or is it just in the logs?

Does /var/lib/sddm/.local/state/wireplumber/ have the right permssions, it should belong to user and group sddm.

Just in the logs, im mostly curious why its trying to read/write
/var/lib/sddm/.local/state/wireplumber if ~/.local/state/wireplumber/ exists

/var/lib/sddm/ is owned by sddm but /var/lib/sddm/.local /state/ doesn’t exist, so i have no idea why wireplumber is trying to read/write a file/directory that doesn’t exist in the first place. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

/var/lib/sddm/.local/state/wireplumber does exist here. I assume wireplumber starts as part of the sddm user.

any idea how i could fix that then?

I assume this should fix it:

sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/sddm/.local/state/wireplumber 
sudo chown -R sddm:sddm /var/lib/sddm/.local/

Then reboot and check if the error is gone away.

2 Likes

this fixed the problem, thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.