Wine problems and how to fix it

Check this out

Mayby some usefull thing, lutris from repo can be usefull with the hacks of thinks donr work. For some games some settings to play optimal. You have also playonlinux but i dont know its known by them, it can runnseveral wine version, one of those works

I installed Lutris, i have heard of it earlier these days but forgot already that this exists.

When i try to launch Epic Games Launcher, Lutris wrotes “Launching . . .” and that’s it. I waited five minutes for launching and nothing happens.

Anyone an idea what i did wrong? What kind of information do you need to help me further?

Try install wine:

sudo pacman -S wine lib32-mpg123

Try also installing the package that I have indicated to you that is needed for 32bit libraries.

I reinstalled lib32-mpg123 and wine. But i don’t understand what you mean with "Try also installing … I have indicated to you … for 32bit libraries. @ricklinux i checked the setting of multilib again and multilib is already enabled. I enabled multilib-testing now, maybe this is what it wants.

Now Lutris is starting, i can push the play button on Epic Games, but after start the button goes to stop and then back to start.

I’d recommend searching the Lutris forum. I had a similar problem a while back and it turned out to be a too old dot-net-framework. Tinkering with Winetricks and changing the wine-prefix in the Lutris menu finally helped.

1 Like

Have a look at your /etc/pacman.conf and make sure that BOTH # are removed from:

#[multilib]
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

it should look like this:
[multilib]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Then just do a sudo pacman -Syy and make sure that multilib shows up.

Both # are removed from the beginning on. I don’t know what else i should do. And of course the multilib is showing up, too.

we could need a wine wiki entry :wink: