Windows 11 - Leaked

*Compatible™

The Cambrian explosion that made it all happen. Let’s keep the hardware open, so the software may flourish.

I have tested the leaked Windows 11. Not so big differences between 10 and 11. Windows 10 with a Windows 11 shell. In my opinion, Windows 11 looks better!

My Windows 10 key was activated straight off without any problems. Tested on a Lenovo TC M710q.

Well - Goodbye KDE.

Uh Oh! :rofl:

I believe Windows 11 will just be another version of Windows. Is it going to suck more than Windows 10? Probably not! It will just be another Windows with nothing new other than aesthetics. I’m pretty sure the Windows update feature will still produce the same rate of failures as Windows 10 because that’s the way it has always been. I’ll stick to KDE Plasma on EndeavourOS as my daily driver or Arch Plasma.

2 Likes

Have you tried Gnome 40 at all ?

I’m not a big Gnome fan. I have tried it. I do like certain versions such as Solus Gnome and Manjaro Gnome. Other versions just don’t seem to suit me for what ever reason. Mostly aesthetics i think. I’m not really sure why i don’t like some distros over others?

1 Like

So…TPM 2.0 required for Windows 11…no offline accounts…and secure boot enabled…huh…

Upgraded today. Update went well and the system seems to be working like windows 10 did. Except looking-glass-client doesn’t start up with windows. A very insignificant update imo. Just some eye candy and functions that have been in Plasma forever now.

Windows 11 preview builds are going to be available starting next week so i may log in to my insider account and install it early and follow it through until the final version is released.

Yes and no, there is a bypass, just patch through powershell install.wim (google is your friend) and copypasta the install.esd from a win10 iso xD

To create the offline account just ALT+F4 xdxd

1 Like

Yup, gets a HARD PASS from me for my remaining Windows install. Windows 10 till it dies. TPM 2 I don’t mind so much, since everything I own supports it except the Chuwi laptop (Desktop doesn’t HAVE one, but supports adding one). But Secure Boot and no offline accounts? Straight up no chance I’m creating a M$ account to run an OS.

It might be different for upgrades vs fresh installs. If not, it’s a hard pass for me as well until I can justify an upgrade to my core components on my desktop.

I will be very curious to see the monthly updates run faster in the background. I think the most stable version of Windows so far was Windows 2000. Perhaps this is no accident, because W2K was a direct successor to Windows NT.

I software update my TPM 1.2 to 2.0 on a Dell PowerEdge T30. A few years old.

T30

With Pro you can have an offline account. My key I bought cost around $ 21.25.

So does the board have to support TPM but not necessarily have the TPM chip?

I do not know how it works. I check what I had and just updated mine to 2.0.

My MSI board supports TPM but the module is an add on.

Edit: Honestly i can’t see why they would lock it out of being able to install if the board doesn’t have TPM. That’s just dumb!

1 Like

TPM is inherently implemented in hardware. So you need a physical device supporting it (chip on the mainboard/an area on the CPU).