Window list widget broken after Kwin update

I use 3 monitors, each one has it’s own tasklist and the window list is set that only applications of the respective screen are displayed …
there have been no problems during the past years, since today’s kwin update no more applications are shown in window list widget except on the primary screen.
If I change the resolution of the respective screen in KDE monitor settings and set it back to the previous one the apps appear again in the window list.
I can hardly get to work w/ this issue … how can the problem be solved?

I don’t know the answer to your question yet, but be sure to post a bug report to kde/kwin. Best chance for getting it fixed quickly! (Perhaps you have already done this.)

3 Likes

Latest qt updates seem to have caused issues with KDE multi monitor setups.

Roll the update back, either by restoring a previous backup or downgrading the qt packages updated.

The good news is that as soon as there is an upstream fix Arch will be first to get it.

4 Likes

QT downgrade worked, thanks!

1 Like

ouh, it gets more worse … after the QT issue I updated the KDE packages today (without QT 5.15.1-1)
KDE 5.7.4.0-1 updates make a multiscreen operation unusable, all the window positions are ignored and programs no longer open on the primary screen, everything is completely confused … also if I save an app window position on the main screen the logo (splash) opens on another screeen …
it seems development and testing was carried out on a single screen or on a laptop for latest QT & KDE updates :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I get the same impression. They’ll fix it soon, I’m sure.

1 Like

Great, after today’s QT update the window list is back & everything works!

1 Like