Will the new Legion 5i Optimus with Gsync work?

Hello everyone , I was wondering if anybody knows yet if the New Lenovo Legion 5i with Optimus and Gsync work as expected . Is it supported yet ?
I’m looking at possibly buying the new Lenovo Legion 5i 17 . I’m not sure yet if the 17 inch 5i will have Optimus with Gsync . Still not known , but if it does , as the 15 inch with 144 refresh rate or greater does , I wanted to get one . Any help with a few questions below will help me greatly . THANKS !

1. Are the Lenovo Legions supported very well ?
  2. Do Lenovo laptops have good build quality ?
  3. Are the keyboard lights controlable ?
  4. Will Optimus with Gsync work as expected ?
  5. Lenovo or stay with Asus , who’s more Linux friendly ?

Welcome!

1. Yes. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Laptop/Lenovo
  2. Lenovo’s build quality is generally good, so long as you don’t get the home/student end of the market. When shopping for a laptop always look at tear-down videos, to see how hard it is to upgrade, as the storage of the little nvme is pathetic.
  3. ?
  4. ? When nVidia gets off their donkeys and builds a driver that actually works will be the day you can ice skate in hell…
  5. As I have a Asus Rog Strix g531gt I can tell you that Asus are not good at being Linux friendly. Whereas Lenovo are about to release a bunch of models running Fedora. I also have a Lenovo Ideapad z710, Intel GPU only, that works perfectly in Linux, but that is getting quite old now.

Thank you very much ! very usefull . Now i just need to confirm that the 17 inch model will have Optimus with Gsync . At that point i will buy . Again thank you for info and promp response …