Why EOS should include flatpak by default? (or at least consider doing so)

I know its a meme but, what does it mean?

I’ve come across packages that were available in the AUR but not on Flathub, so I guess there are two sides to the coin. Most well known proprietary software has PKGBUILDS in the AUR, the software you mention is not generally well known since it’s the first time hearing of it.

4 Likes

For example.

If you’re going to give examples of software available through flathub, but not available through the AUR, at least give examples of packages that are useful for a profession, system functionality, etc.

Giving an example like the one you gave here doesn’t do even close to a good job of reinforcing your point.

2 Likes

First what part of a A Terminal Centric Distro hollers out Newbie Friendly to you?
Second why should we be like everyone else? If we were like everyone else where would the appeal be to use Endeavour over another distro?

4 Likes

Please don’t get me wrong but if you don’t find an iso among the 45 that matches your requirements, you would need to build one yourself :wink:

1 Like

I had edited a wallpaper which illustrates the top Arch distros in my opinion. It shows from left to right how far from base Arch each go.

Arch itself: Not for Linux newbies
EndeavourOS: For Arch newbies (and experienced users) who want an easier Arch install
Artix: Not for Arch or Linux newbies, but with an easier Arch install
ArcoLinux: For any and everyone with a million and one different uses-cases and installers :laughing:
Archcraft: For seasoned Arch users who want a pretty OOTB experience with many customisations for WMs
Garuda: Same as Archcraft, but optimised for gaming and focusing on DEs

4 Likes

In a single word…NO. If you want it—install it…done. I want NOTHING to do with it.

7 Likes

Me either! :wink:

4 Likes

Eos is not made for being yet another bloated distro , it doesn’t even include bluetooth it simply got the basic arch packages for newbies , upto the users what they want to add

1 Like

(EDIT: original content, feel free to use)

Flathub does offer Endeavour-specific instructions on their page. Most users of Arch distros have strong feelings about them. I hope this thread offered some insight into that.

Also, despite being proprietary, Maniatic Launcher does have a github page. I’m not gonna test it on my system, but hopefully that helps. :slight_smile:

EDIT (again): It’s literally a launcher for https://github.com/Rubberduckycooly/RSDKv5-Decompilation

If you make a point “there’s software that only exists in this particular format”, then I wonder why don’t you propose adding snaps as well?
same points can be made - that it’s found in newbie distros and has some unique programs (most of which are absolutely proprietary anyway)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.