Why choose EndeavourOs over Manjaro?

What you say is true. They both are good but the similarities end somewhere in between. I used Manjaro and Antergos for quite a while. I like Manjaro for some of it’s unique features but i always went to Antergos because it was what i believe true rolling release and the community it had. It followed Arch and was always right up to date with current packages. Manjaro is always behind as it keeps back for testing. Now i use EndeavourOS because it is the next best thing to Antergos and already proving itself in a number of ways. If you want to use pamac you can install it. Personally i have come to really like yay and i use it more often than not. I also like Kalu and i use pacman. If you like pacman it’s available to use in either and so is pamac and yay and a lot of other tools but that doesn’t make it the same either. There are differences in the way Manjaro provides it’s updates, kernels and packages and it’s grub commands are slightly different and it’s vision is different. I’m not knocking it as i do like it but i believe it can be more difficult also because some things are done differently than following the Arch mandate. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yes, i updated packages, that were in Antergos repo.

Subjectively speaking, regarding Manjaro I would praise (I would take) M. Architect. They really did it right.

But the end there is no good answer because its an subjective like 1000 other linux distributions :slight_smile: if you see Endeavouros versus Antergos , both are ‘easier’ installer, but Endeavouros is closer to Arch as system. Antergos has more shine but other hand did had some issues cause of complextity of maintaince of install… at the end people search mostly where is the most support on the hand :slight_smile: And community is good here at endeavouros and it gona be better ^^

1 Like

Well - they didn’t actually do much as it was written by Carl Duff and Mandog. Carl was the brains behind the early Manjaro Openbox edition too - and Architect was written a few years after he left Manjaro. After certain people started to stir things up Carl gave up and abandon the whole project so it kinda died . Then some Manjaro user picked it up and turned it into M Architect. But I think we shouldn’t forget who’s “baby” it really was.

Couldn’t agree more. Like most things - it just personal preference

I was a Manjaro user for the first two years of its existence. Exciting times for sure. I used Antergos exclusively for its last three years. I went to EndeavourOS because it is from part of the Antergos team. Compared to Manjaro, EOS is much more “build your own” system. I pieced my system together from the first rough beta. It runs fine and will for years, but the developers would never recognize it as their work. My only quarrel with Manjaro these days is it’s too damned green.

1 Like