Which privacy browser?

I am somehow late to the party.
I read almost all threads responses and there is something I wanted to say.
Watched a Rob Braxman video a while ago and he stated that the best fingerprinting avoidance technique was to mimic a “normie” browser.
And to poison the leaking data, or cookies by some extension like AdNauseam.

Remeber, data without linkage to an identity is pretty much useless.

That is quite a commitment. :scream:

1 Like

Almost all…and gave me a headache.

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sounds weird, but let’s see some details.
A person has a digital identity / fingerprint, and while being online on social media, various platforms or simply browsing the internet, data is produced and recorded. The most valuable thing BigTech is after is the digital identity+data.
Example I can see **your** picture. the picture as a abstract data has less value if it is not a picture of someone known.

What Browser to Use? About Browser Isolation - YouTube text**

1 Like

Oh, you mean that one…I’ve misunderstood your statement :upside_down_face:

Yeah i remember that video.

There is no such thing. Just use Firefox. :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Sure… but that’s separate from the fingerprinting I specifically mentioned.

As in life there is no such thing as a perfect secure privacy browser. There are many browsers. None are perfect and some are better than others for various reasons which are not because of any opinion i need to give. I use Firefox 100% and I’m satisfied with that. :yawning_face:

I saw that with the cute emoji and decided to put Firefox to the test. I used Firefox Developer’s Edition for years due to speed issues loading Oxygen Builder, which I have a few sites built on. But I never put any extensions on it to keep the builder loading as fast as possible, which was around 2 seconds against 11 seconds on Chrome.

Today, I decided to set up Firefox 107 for privacy and security. It has come a long way, and no longer needs HTTPS Everywhere or Privacy Badger extensions. I simply have uBlock Origin, Facebook Containers, Firefox Multi-Account Containers. Ok, I really fine tuned uBlock Origin, and honestly, I agree with you Rick, just use Firefox, but with those 3 extensions, and that is all you need IMHO. Mozilla have done a great job.

As a result, I dumped Vivaldi after using it since it was released. It has become a bloated OS, rather than a privacy and security focused browser.

1 Like

That was also my impression of Vivaldi when I last tried it (in summer). Too bad what happened to a good idea …

1 Like

Mozilla will continue to support full-featured (MV2) ad-blockers like uBlock Origin anyway.

Viva Gorhill!

2 Likes

This is what happens, when marketing takes over. Sadly. One day not so far away, we’ll all be like Chinese citizens, socially ranked.

To be clear for those who would read the headline and panic, there is nothing wrong with supporting Manifest v3.

The issue is about the elimination of webrequest that Google is doing as part of that implementation in Chrome/Chromium.

Since Firefox is still supporting that, all is well here from my perspective. Supporting this will lead to more extensions being available on Firefox.

6 Likes

Thanks for clarifying this! :heart_eyes:

… and without our digital proof of vaccination we are no longer allowed to buy food …

:grimacing:

Always better with the original:

The open source browser will continue to support MV2 extensions “for the foreseeable future,” taking a gradual approach and gathering feedback as MV3 matures.

Time will tell…

:hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

The question will rather be how long Firefox will continue to support Mv2. We all know from whom Mozilla gets the rolls.

I don’t think supporting Mv2 is the issue here.

From what I understand, Mozilla is supporting webrequest blocking with Mv3.

Does it matter if they drop Mv2 eventually?

1 Like

You are right, it does. That’s perhaps more significant than just supporting MV2 extensions?

1 Like