Which privacy browser?

I agree with you. Even Updates received are delayed as well, and by good time.

Sorry for replying late, :sweat_smile: I went to sleep back then, as it was over 11:30 PM here.

1 Like

You could start here:

1 Like

Thanks!

Today I heard about Ladybird for the first time. It was made for SerenityOS but later ported to Linux. It seems to be a very simple and leightweight browser and it’s neither based on Blink nor Gecko but uses it’s own engine named LibWeb.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, good to know that there are still other projects emerging.

2 Likes

Just found an recent article about anti-fingerprinting in FF and Brave:

A couple things to point out.

• Anti-fingerprint techniques are definitely not perfect but that doesn’t mean they don’t help or shouldn’t be used
  • That article is from a vendor selling “Device Identification” tools. The point of that article seems to be that you should keep buying their software since anti-fingerprinting can be detected and most people won’t use anti-fingerprinting solutions since they are inconvenient.
3 Likes

Ok folks, so what exactly is wrong/false in the article?

I will ofc delete the post if it’s indeed misinformation.

Articles don’t have to be factually incorrect to be misleading.

From my perspective, it is a spin piece to sell their product. It is about justifying the use of their fingerprinting product even though anti-fingerprinting techniques exist.

The article talks about anti-fingerprinting from the lens of fraud prevention on the server side. Not using anti-fingerprinting techniques to protect privacy on the client side.

2 Likes

Not to mention they completely missed protection of privacy on :clown_face:-side!

honka_animated-128px-50

2 Likes

?

It does that at a small part at the end but everything else is about explaining which techniques are used by FF and Brave and how they work. And IMO that’s useful information for every user who’s interrested in this topic.

So I stick with what I said. If anyone has proof that the article contains wrong information, I will delete the post. If not, I will leave it here.

First, I don’t think anyone has suggested that it should be removed.

Not from my perspective.

OK, let’s agree to disagree then. It’s nothing personal dalto, I’m just tired of discussions like this.

And yes, nobody asked to remove it, but I would not want to have it here if I know that it is misinformation. I try my best to provide useful information, I do not want to spread misinformation.

1 Like

Scroll down to CanvasBlocker if you’re interested.

1 Like

Can’t we all just use a browser and be satisfied? I’m happy with Firefox. Please stop looking over my shoulder. :rofl:

2 Likes

honka_animated-128px-36

3 Likes

edit Sorry, I misunderstood you here, I thought you meant “Can’t we all just use the same browser?”.

1 Like

Ya…Firefox. :laughing:

1 Like

The best anti-fingerprinting solution at this time is using the Tor browser with stock settings other than like security level.

Nope, it’s using Tor browser inside Whonix, on it’s own Tor is much more vulnerable to all kinds of advanced attacks like keystrokes / timing ones.

3 Likes