Which DE are you using?

Question for you and anyone else that uses Cinnamon, do you use cinnamon-sound-effects 5.7-1 from the AUR? Thanks! :smile:

Haven’t tried it.

Never heard of it. Should I be? What is it?

Last time i used it was on a vanilla Arch/Cinnamon install, it adds sounds like when logging in to your desktop to putting/pulling a thumb drive into your pc.

Does it add other sound effects than those already present in: System Settings >> Sound ?

sound

Office Notebook with KDE
and
Gaming Notebook with Cinnamon

IF my memory is correct, yes. Thats why i asked if anyone was using it now, i wanted to know for sure.

1 Like

eye three

I do enjoy GNOME . I do enjoy the pop shell .

But static workplaces really save me from organisational hell

1 Like

After many years with the various iterations of Gnome I have finally moved to KDE Plasma, and am very happy overall.

Desktop1
Desktop2

3 Likes

Using Xfce4 on a few computers and Openbox on the others.

In that case I do not have that package. I also disabled all my system sounds.

1 Like

I am using KDE because I can actually customize it to my wants and needs. Also, it is very fast.

1 Like

I use cinnamon now due to its nice support for global scaling on high dpi screens. Thanks @fbodymechanic for pointing that out to me last week.

I like kde quite a bit and have used it for few
years now.

Gnome looks great and is snappy but somehow I always manage to break it after 1-2 days. Don’t know why but when I start too much customization on DE, especially gnome, they start to act wonky. Probably buggy extensions. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I just use them all! No more problem. :rofl:

3 Likes

After more than 350 posts it’s time to add my two cents :laughing:: I started with KDE, tested xfce (didn’t like Thunar, settings manager and DE consistent packages) and cinnamon (too buggy, at least on my PC) and finally returned to KDE where I really found nothing to complain.

2 Likes

Plasma’s random window placement and crappy compositor do my head in.

I do love it, but it’s just too inconsistent for me.

And playing games? Kwin randomly decides not to use vsync all of a sudden.

XFCE till I die, even if the title bars are a little… antiquated looking

Also, surprised to see i3 outdoing Cinnamon and Mate. Then again, i3 does kick ass.

3 Likes

I still like Cinnamon as it was always my favorite. I have come to enjoy Xfce but so like Plasma a lot. I use all of them but mostly Plasma and Xfce right now. I3 is growing on me and if Sway will work as good as i3 I will like it also.

1 Like

Since my first experience in Linux (Mint13/Xfce) which didn’t go well, I was on several Arch-y distros and exclusively using Mate DE. After some minmal customization it fits like a glove and is nicely boring.
MyDesktop130221

1 Like

Am I the only one who doesn’t like KDE? It’s the only desktop environment I don’t like. I don’t know what it is, but I don’t get along with KDE.

The others i think work. Xfce is the one I like best followed by Gnome. It’s lucky we have different tastes! Would be boring otherwise.

5 Likes