Where is the new update?

Any updates on when we can expect the next version of Endeavour? I would like an online installer for one thing.

2 Likes

I am not one of the team, but what I have heard is this: Online installer: This early fall. No specific date. Next offline installer: Aug 15th. I might be wrong, but thatā€™s what my understanding is.

3 Likes

@markboston sudo pacman -Syu is your friend :slight_smile:

Fresh isoā€™s is always welcom sure, i downloads fresh isoā€™s and play a bit and put it on usb when neededā€¦ offline/online installer is in the making, but to early to releaseā€¦ just keep your eye on the blog :slight_smile: Since we are rolling, versions is not that importand. when it works dont change it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

if you want a new iso, you can go through the github

1 Like

actually the github ā€˜buildā€™ doesnā€™t look too daunting see here https://github.com/endeavouros-team/EndeavourOS-archiso
So if I build an iso from there does it automatically load all the latest packages from the arch repos?
ie Iā€™ll have an iso that is up to date as of today?

2 Likes

yes, it builds an up to date system.

1 Like

Top banana!!! :handshake:

1 Like

it was looking good until I got this error and it bombed out

error: zbar: signature from "Felix Yan <felixonmars@archlinux.org>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/zbar-0.23-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
==> ERROR: Failed to install packages to new root

EDIT: I just remembered that zbar was a update I got today! Weird day, Iā€™ve had about 4 lots of updates during the day!!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

when the package is ā€œcorruptedā€ usually the build script remove it from pacman cache. So itā€™s worth trying to execute again, since will redownload the package.
If you keep getting signature problems then weā€™ll need to take some other steps.

Host system up to date?

woohoo, started the build again and itā€™s created an iso!
I overclocked my 200ge to 3900mhz earlier; canā€™t believe how fast this thing is for a circa 35ā‚¬ cpu!
:heart_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Is there anything that can be done from a n00b perspective to help accelerate the Online Installer release? Like test a beta iso and provide feedback or something?

First we will release a new offline install ISO,
For the netinstaller you will need to wait, it is not ready for testing jet as it needs still some coding first.

4 Likes

I think we should not stress the guys.

Its ready when its ready.

6 Likes

I agree. When the online installer shows up, it shows up. No need to hurry it. The off-line installer is working AOK for almost everyone. Since EOS is a rolling release, just keep doing your ā€˜sudo pacman -Syuā€™ every so often and youā€™ll always have the latest greatest.

6 Likes