What's the most efficient DE?

This is probably NOT the only way - and also probably not all that GOOD a way - but I would use wmctrl to specify where an item opens, and tie a script including that command to a hotkey for opening that app. Whether it can be ‘generalized’ I have no idea - just as I don’t know if you even think of doing it with more than 1 app. When I have ‘regular’ work to do, my startup-sequence sets up workspaces and monitors with a complement of apps as I like them so as to avoid having to think…

KDE is now more simple than Gnome?

For me, best productivity is with gnome and very importantly, to me at any rate, the extension workspaces-to-dock. Currently this limits me to ubuntu 20.04, debian 11, and zorin 16 and why, unfortunately, endeavourOS can’t/won’t be my daily driver. Still, I have a partition of endeavourOS on my computers and thoroughly enjoy this forum.

2 Likes
➜  ~ yay -Ss workspaces-to-dock
aur/gnome-shell-extension-workspaces-to-dock 53_3.36-1 (+0 0.00) 
    Gnome shell extension, Workspaces to Dock, Transform Gnome Shell's overview workspaces into an intelligent dock.
➜  ~ 

it no work?

Edit… i look on git ,it no long in dev ( guess no work )

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gnome-shell-extension-workspaces-to-dock

The concept is good, so I wonder what would be a good replacement?

I’d wish Budgie has an extension like Workspaces to Dock, it’ll be the best desktop for me.

Maybe gnome-shell-wsmatrix could be configured to work in a similar way

KDE isn’t much simpler, in fact, but now I like it a lot better than it used to, when there were various childhood ailments on the desktop. I’m not even claiming that Plasma is more configurable than Gnome.

Development got dropped and no one picked it up. Rens Althuis modified what was available to make it work with gnome 3.38, and then nothing. That’s why I said that much as I enjoy this forum and playing with EndeavourOS, I’m limited to Ubuntu 20.04, debian 11, and zorin 16 if I want to work the way that best suits my weirdness. Certainly do wish someone with the necessary skills would revive the program.