What games are you playing?

Once I get my system back up and running I should be playing some native and proton/wine games
Here are a few I love.

Skyrim

Overwatch

Titanfall2

Nier Automata

Ori and the Blind Forest/ Will of the Wisps

Rimworld

Terraria

Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

Minecraft

AmongUs

etc

Really, If Apex had a native Linux version, or if EAC supported Proton/wine, I’d no longer need windows.

Yeah i think mine too, that was absolute blast!
Including music :heart_eyes:

@SuppaMan
What’s Apex and EAC?
Maybe we could figure something out :upside_down_face:

Whatever it takes to help fellow man get off Windows! I dropped it in a heartbeat :yum:
I assume it’s something on-line with easy anti-cheat?

1 Like

You have to give credit to Hello Games, the game has improved greatly since launch

I was one of the people who pre-ordered it for PS4 back in the day, and I was utterly disappointed when it came out.

I recently started playing again on PC, and I was pleasantly surprised…
I think the game we have now, is the game they promised us 4 years ago.

While they will probably never get rid of the bad reputation followed by the initial launch, I don’t think there are many other game studios who would continue bringing out (free) updates and improvements, instead of just abandoning the project and starting something new.

So for me it isn’t “No Man’s Lie”, not anymore at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apex Legends, a battle Royal FPS game developed by Respawn.

EAC, an Anti cheat client created by Epic games. Is comically know to block games to run vis Proton or Wine

It is Easy Anti-Cheat.

There was a project trying to get around it, but it’s been silent for a while now, I think. Any news you know of?

Well…Yeah that’s a bummer :confused:

@SuppaMan @Oziach
Actually there were some good news lately about some online-games (like League of legends) anti-cheat in Wine v5.18, you might want to try either wine-staging v5.18+ on Lutris or latest TK-Glitch / Glorious-Eggroll on Steam - not sure if Easy anti-cheat is affected by this changes, since i don’t play such games, but worth a try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Afaik, no. Easy Anti-Cheat and a lot of other 3rd party services certain games use are invasive. From scanning every process on the system to doing other funky things to “detect” any cheats. They often run like anti-virus programs, having a bunch of things integrated into the system on start-up.

Vanguard (Valorants anti-cheat) had dumb flags like checking for commonly used names to disguise processes without any real checks. If you have Notepad.exe open, it’s a no-go mate.

Same goes for whatever R6 uses, a lot of EA games, a lot of MMOs.

I used to be into games, that unfortunately featured such anti-cheat measures and after a clean Windows install, it’s crazy how fast you gunk up the system by just installing those games.

Most recent actually being Apex. Clocked in a couple hundred hours into the game before it was too much. I’m not sure if it’s EA pushing deadlines to keep the hype up or the incompetence of the developers, but the game slowly devolved into a giant mess. Many issues are still not fixed, many bugs that don’t get fully ironed out before more are introduced with a new season.

1 Like

EAC does not work. Generally, AC software that uses Ring-0 Kernel stuff does not work with linux(but why da faq do you want a literal backdoor running on Ring-0).
League should be using Vangard EAC soon which does not run via WINE/Proton.

The only ones that I know of that run on LInux like OSs via WINE/proton or natively is Blizzard AC, VAC(Valve AC), and Denuvo AC.

1 Like

I was very disappointed with it at launch. However, I agree. There is not another studio out there would would do what they have done. When I compare the game now to then, I am totally impressed. It is actually quite fun… now.

1 Like

Exactly, wtf?
I even don’t use Denuvo on principle, it’s better to :pirate_flag: if you really want the game, but devs supporting such solutions doesn’t deserve money and praise…

Obviously this is not applicable for on-line games :woozy_face:

Yeah i can imagine…That’s insane

1 Like

Elder Scrolls Online - Greymoor seems to work fine too on EOS :smiley:
It’s been a while since I wandered in Skyrim…

ESO-Greymoor

5 Likes

Now I’m becoming more confident with linux for gaming I’ve swapped my 1Tb NVME drive from windows to EnOS for Steam.

The 500Gb drive I was using will be for the stuff that only runs on windows.

5 Likes

Just installed Wreckfest, and holy **** this is great!.
The first event you do is a demolition derby on lawnmowers :joy:
Laughed my ass of while wrecking the other lawnmowers, and seeing the drivers fly all over the screen :joy:

(steam keys are only about 12 euros on G2A btw :wink:)

wreckfest

6 Likes

LOL, been playing that recently as well.

So much fun.

5 Likes

Looks like whole lot of fun, gotta try it too! :laughing:

oh yeah, lawnmowers, and motorized sofa’s
need to know more? :joy:

3 Likes

Nah i’m in from the first time you’ve mentioned lawnmowers :rofl:
Besides, i always loved physics-based gameplay of FlatOut :yum:

1 Like

btw anyone played DRAG yet??

EDIT: don’t bother, just snagged a cheap key, and the game is far from finished, the only offline modes are time challenges on a few tracks, without npc drivers and time trials, and for the online portion… well… I at least encountered 1 other player :roll_eyes:

Do you have suggestions for native Linux games? I don’t like Steam, nor Wine, Lutris and all that stuff … something like 0.ad that runs natively on Linux (eg. Hedgewars, Supertuxkart and others).

1 Like

I think most of the bigger budget native linux games run through Steam
(please correct me if I’m wrong here)

I know of Borderlands 2 / Presequel, recent Tomb Raiders, Shadow of Mordor, but that’s all through steam… don’t know if there’s a way to play them without it