What are you listening to right now?

6 Likes

That clavicord hade a very unique timbre. Interesting!

It has a very Renaissance sound, brass tangents on brass strings, frettedā€¦ This is a more ā€œstandardā€, Baroque clavichord (iron tangents, unfretted):

4 Likes

I havenā€™t listended much to ā€œtime trueā€ instruments when it comes to Renaissance music, but a lot to Baroque. Iā€™m more of a Baroque guyā€¦ in every sense of the word, Iā€™m afraid. :sweat_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

:birthday:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Haā€¦ I had a beer with her, a long long time ago. :joy:

2 Likes

Youā€™re hell of a lucky guy!
Iā€™m :green_circle: with envy!

:heart_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for posting again some great stuff with which I was not already familiar!

The track you posted reminds of this Amon Tobin track, probably because of the descending bass behind the music and the frenetic drumming:

By the way, I have always wondered which soundtrack was being sampled by Amon Tobin in the latter track. I see that a YouTube comment has identified the source as the 1940s radio show, Escape, with which I am also not familiar.

So I have learned two new things todayā€”the track you posted and the source of the Amon Tobin sampleā€”which together make today an especially good day.

1 Like

THE FORGER is one-off conceptual project by Meat Beat Manifesto, hence the greatness :yum:

Thx for mentioning radio sample origin, i also have no clue about it before, love to digging sample sources!
Amon is absolute genius, especially his earlier worksā€¦

the atmosphere, control of environmental drumming - Itā€™s like a force of nature :cyclone:

2 Likes

Just to flesh things outā€¦

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes