Wayland + Right click

Does anybody else have issues with running Wayland, and having right-click activate?
Particularly noticed on the panel, trying to right click any item there, the menu will appear/disappear…after 3 or 4 clicks I get the menu to interact with.

I’m in Wayland and right click is working fine as far as i can tell. What do you want me to try?

Thanks @ricklinux , can you just right-click the notifications bell, and the menu is there to Clear History, etc straight away?

1 Like

It’s a little glitchy for me @onyxnz to be honest. It also takes a few seconds longer to load into the desktop.

1 Like

My notifications is in the panel. So i have to click on the arrow first then when i put cursor on it it shows notifications. Then i can right click on it. Sometimes when you right click it doesn’t always show stuff. It depends. This does work though. As @BONK say’s it can be a little glitchy but is working.

Edit: Like i said it depends. If i click anywhere on the task bar is okay.

Edit2: I would say maybe it’s more finicky than glitchy. :smile:

1 Like

Yep, task bar items work better for right click than the system tray area.
eg right-click the menu launcher, every time works. right click the clock, works sometimes.

So I guess it is just that wayland is not quite ready yet…but still generally usable and certainly faster than x11

Yes… the system tray is glitchy at times. Is it like this on X11? I never notice sometimes.

I have Sway with Wayland running on KDE in v-box and it’s good. I might try it on my bare metal installation of KDE.

2 Likes

system tray alway hit and miss for while .on i3 +sway that why i no use now .

2 Likes

if use waybar this will help for custom modules

https://man.archlinux.org/man/waybar-custom.5.en

2 Likes

Actually i take back the load time part after some experimenting last night. It was having the Krohnkite tiling script enabled that was the issue. It is not wayland native so no go. I will try this next:

My main KDE install is arch so I am going to try pulling the EOS sway in on top of that much like @ricklinux did in a vm this would be on metal though. Or maybe just do it this way:

1 Like

Maybe you wanted to link to the article instead of my post :thinking:

https://www.fosskers.ca/en/blog/wayland

3 Likes

Thanks mate!

3 Likes