Wacom Tablet Recognized as Mouse

Hey, I’ve been testing Endeavour in a virtual machine for a bit now, and my latest task has been getting my Wacom tablet to work in Endeavour. I’m having some difficulties. Endeavour is recognizing the tablet as a mouse despite xf86-input-wacom being installed. When I go to the Mouse and Touchpad preferences the pad is listed as a device when I connect the tablet to the VM. However, the pen and eraser aren’t unless I touch the pen to the surface. The buttons on the tablet seem to be preconfigured as a mouse along with the buttons on the pen. xsetwacom doesn’t list the tablet either.

On Manjaro everything works fine with the pad, stylus, eraser, and cursor all being listed as devices in the Mouse and Touchpad settings along with xsetwacom listing it as a device. Manjaro also has a separate Tablet tab for my tablet devices that is missing in Endeavour.

I have xf86-input-wacom installed. Is there anything else I need to get this working properly?

First, let me say that I don’t use a wacom tablet, but I note that there is a libwacom package in the arch “extra” repo that seems to provide additional capabilities. Perhaps refer to this and see if it helps.

I’m sure other members can assist more than I can, so I’ll leave it to them to weigh-in.

Good luck!

Barry

1 Like

Thanks. libwacom is installed as a result of xf86-input-wacom. I’ve run pacman -Q on both my manjaro install and endeavour and haven’t found anything that really stands out yet that might be missing from endeavour that is present in manjaro that would cause this to not work. I just tried it on the liveusb, too. I installed xf86-input-wacom and tried to use my tablet. Same problem. Doing the same on a liveusb of Manjaro has the wacom drivers working with the tablet just fine.

What is the output of

ls -d /sys/module/*wacom*

?

1 Like
/sys/module/wacom

I found out the problem. I scoured the Arch wiki for answers and found a section that outlined my exact issue.

Endeavour has a 30-touchpad.conf in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d that is overwriting the wacom driver and causing the tablet to be considered a trackpad.

1 Like

I apologize to bump this up. However, I guess that with the lockdowns everywhere more people may be dealing with this issue (I bought one wacom due to online classes) and want to make sure that the solution I gave is not too problematic, as I am not used to change these files: I simply copied the 70-wacom.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d. This fixes the problem. It does seem harmless, however if more knowledgeable people don’t think this is a good idea it would be nice to hear.

Thanks in advance and once again I am sorry to bump this up